Fuel Demand Elasticities for Energy and Environmental Policies Indian Sample Survey Evidence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Deaton, Angus, 1990.
"Price elasticities from survey data : Extensions and Indonesian results,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 281-309, June.
- Deaton, A., 1988. "Price Elasticities From Survey Data: Extensions And Indonesian Results," Papers 138, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Deaton, A., 1990. "Price Elasticities From Surveys Data: Extensions And Indonesian Results," Papers 69, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Bowonder, B. & Prasad, S. S. R. & Unni, N. V. M., 1988. "Dynamics of fuelwood prices in India: Policy implications," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(10), pages 1213-1229, October.
- Gunnar Köhlin & Peter J. Parks, 2001. "Spatial Variability and Disincentives to Harvest: Deforestation and Fuelwood Collection in South Asia," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 77(2), pages 206-218.
- Heltberg, Rasmus, 2004. "Fuel switching: evidence from eight developing countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 869-887, September.
- Baker, Paul & Blundell, Richard & Micklewright, John, 1989. "Modelling Household Energy Expenditures Using Micro-data," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 720-738, September.
- Alain Carpentier & Hervé Guyomard, 2001. "Unconditional Elasticities in Two-Stage Demand Systems: An Approximate Solution," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(1), pages 222-229.
- Atanu Saha & Oral Capps & Patrick Byrne, 1997. "Calculating marginal effects in dichotomous - continuous models," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 181-185.
- Patrick J. Byrne & Oral Capps & Atanu Saha, 1996. "Analysis of Food-Away-from-Home Expenditure Patterns for U.S. Households, 1982–89," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(3), pages 614-627.
- Ray, Ranjan, 1980. "Analysis of a Time Series of Household Expenditure Surveys for India," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(4), pages 595-602, November.
- Rasmus Heltberg & Thomas Channing Arndt & Nagothu Udaya Sekhar, 2000. "Fuelwood Consumption and Forest Degradation: A Household Model for Domestic Energy Substitution in Rural India," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 76(2), pages 213-232.
- Maurizio Bussolo & David O’Connor, 2001. "Clearing the Air in India: The Economics of Climate Policy with Ancillary Benefits," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 182, OECD Publishing.
- Alam, Manzoor & Sathaye, Jayant & Barnes, Doug, 1998. "Urban household energy use in India: efficiency and policy implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(11), pages 885-891, September.
- Awudu Abdulai & Devendra K. Jain & Ashok K. Sharma, 1999. "Household Food Demand Analysis in India," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 316-327.
- Pollak, Robert A & Wales, Terence J, 1981. "Demographic Variables in Demand Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(6), pages 1533-1551, November.
- Dunkerley, J. & Macauley, M. & Naimuddin, M. & Agarwal, P. C., 1990. "Consumption of fuelwood and other household cooking fuels in Indian cities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 92-99.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- X.M. Gao & Eric J. Wailes & Gail L. Cramer, 1996. "A Two-Stage Rural Household Demand Analysis: Microdata Evidence from Jiangsu Province, China," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(3), pages 604-613.
- Blundell, Richard, 1988. "Consumer Behaviour: Theory and Empirical Evidence--a Survey," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(389), pages 16-65, March.
- Gunnar Köhlin & Gregory S. Amacher, 2005. "Welfare Implications of Community Forest Plantations in Developing Countries: The Orissa Social Forestry Project," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(4), pages 855-869.
- Bluffstone Randall A., 1995. "The Effect of Labor Market Performance on Deforestation in Developing Countries under Open Access: An Example from Rural Nepal," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 42-63, July.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-326, June.
- Soussan, John & O'Keefe, Phil & Munslow, Barry, 1990. "Urban fuelwood challenges and dilemmas," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 572-582.
- Heltberg, Rasmus, 2005. "Factors determining household fuel choice in Guatemala," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(03), pages 337-361, June.
- Pitt, Mark M., 1985. "Equity, externalities and energy subsidies The case of kerosine in Indonesia," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 201-217, April.
- Amacher, Gregory S. & Hyde, William F. & Kanel, Keshav R., 1996. "Household fuelwood demand and supply in Nepal's tarai and mid-hills: Choice between cash outlays and labor opportunity," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(11), pages 1725-1736, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ngui, Dianah & Mutua, John & Osiolo, Hellen & Aligula, Eric, 2011. "Household energy demand in Kenya: An application of the linear approximate almost ideal demand system (LA-AIDS)," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 7084-7094.
More about this item
KeywordsLA-AIDS; fuel; India; income; price; elasticities; NSSO data;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eab:energy:22501. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shiro Armstrong). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaberau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.