Environment, Human Development and Economic Growth after Liberalisation : An Analysis of Indian States
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Mukherjee, Sacchidananda & Chakraborty, Debashis, 2007. "Environment, Human Development and Economic Growth after Liberalisation: An Analysis of Indian States," MPRA Paper 6472, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sacchidananda Mukherjee & Debashis Chakraborty, 2007. "Environment, Human Development and Economic Growth after Liberalisation: An Analysis of Indian States," Working Papers 2007-016, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
References listed on IDEAS
- de Bruyn, S. M. & van den Bergh, J. C. J. M. & Opschoor, J. B., 1998. "Economic growth and emissions: reconsidering the empirical basis of environmental Kuznets curves," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 161-175, May.
- Costantini, Valeria & Monni, Salvatore, 2008.
"Environment, human development and economic growth,"
Elsevier, vol. 64(4), pages 867-880, February.
- Valeria Costantini & Salvatore Monni, 2006. "Environment, Human Development and Economic Growth," Working Papers 2006.35, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Valeria Costantini & Salvatore Monni, 2006. "Environment, human development and economic growth," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0062, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Mukherjee, S., 2007. "Groundwater pollution and emerging environmental challenges of industrial effluent irrigation in Mettupalayam Taluk, Tamil Nadu," IWMI Working Papers H042365, International Water Management Institute.
- Rajesh Mehta, 2005. "Non-tariff Barriers Affecting IndiaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Exports," Trade Working Papers 22116, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Zhou, P. & Ang, B.W. & Poh, K.L., 2006. "Comparing aggregating methods for constructing the composite environmental index: An objective measure," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 305-311, September.
- Ebert, Udo & Welsch, Heinz, 2004. "Meaningful environmental indices: a social choice approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 270-283, March.
- Andreoni, James & Levinson, Arik, 2001.
"The simple analytics of the environmental Kuznets curve,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 269-286, May.
- James Andreoni & Arik Levinson, 1998. "The Simple Analytics of the Environmental Kuznets Curve," NBER Working Papers 6739, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sacchidananda Mukherjee & Vinish Kathuria, 2006.
"Is economic growth sustainable? Environmental quality of Indian States after 1991,"
International Journal of Sustainable Development,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 9(1), pages 38-60.
- Sacchidananda Mukherjee & Vinish Kathuria, 2006. "Is Economic Growth Sustainable? Environmental Quality Of Indian States After 1991," Working Papers 2006-06, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- John W. Maxwell & Rafael Reuveny (ed.), 2005. "Trade and Environment," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3687.
- repec:ind:iegddp:62 is not listed on IDEAS
- Selden Thomas M. & Song Daqing, 1994. "Environmental Quality and Development: Is There a Kuznets Curve for Air Pollution Emissions?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 147-162, September.
- Dasgupta, Partha, 2001. "Human Well-Being and the Natural Environment," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199247882.
- Meenu Tewari & Poonam Pillai, 2005. "Global Standards and the Dynamics of Environmental Compliance in India's Leather Industry," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 245-267.
- Stern , David I., 1998. "Progress on the environmental Kuznets curve?," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(02), pages 173-196, May.
- Sterner, Thomas & Kathuria, Vinish, 2002. "Monitoring and Enforcement: Is Two-Tier Regulation Robust?," Discussion Papers dp-02-17, Resources For the Future.
- Gene M. Grossman & Alan B. Krueger, 1995. "Economic Growth and the Environment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(2), pages 353-377.
- Erik Dietzenbacher & Kakali Mukhopadhyay, 2007. "An Empirical Examination of the Pollution Haven Hypothesis for India: Towards a Green Leontief Paradox?," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 36(4), pages 427-449, April.
- Eskeland, Gunnar S. & Harrison, Ann E., 2003.
"Moving to greener pastures? Multinationals and the pollution haven hypothesis,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Eskeland, Gunnar S.*Harrison, Ann E., 1997. "Moving to greener pastures : multinationals and the pollution-haven hypothesis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1744, The World Bank.
- Gunnar A. Eskeland & Ann E. Harrison, 2002. "Moving to Greener Pastures? Multinationals and the Pollution Haven Hypothesis," NBER Working Papers 8888, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dutt, Amitava Krishna & Rao, J. Mohan, 1996. "Growth, distribution, and the environment: Sustainable development in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 287-305, February.
- Jha, Raghbendra & Murthy, K. V. Bhanu, 2003. "An inverse global environmental Kuznets curve," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 352-368, June.
- Manmohan Agarwal & Sayan Samanta, 2006. "Structural adjustment, governance, economic growth and social progress," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 387-401.
- CARSON, RICHARd T. & JEON, YONGIL & McCUBBIN, DONALD R., 1997. "The relationship between air pollution emissions and income: US Data," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(04), pages 433-450, November.
- Dinda, Soumyananda, 2004. "Environmental Kuznets Curve Hypothesis: A Survey," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 431-455, August.
- World Bank, 2006. "India - Strengthening Institutions for Sustainable Growth : Country Environmental Analysis," World Bank Other Operational Studies 19628, The World Bank.
- Annegrete Bruvoll & Hege Medin, 2003.
"Factors Behind the Environmental Kuznets Curve. A Decomposition of the Changes in Air Pollution,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 24(1), pages 27-48, January.
- Annegrete Bruvoll & Hege Medin, 2000. "Factoring the environmental Kuznets curve Evidence from Norway," Discussion Papers 275, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- James Boyce, 2003. "Inequality and Environmental Protection," Working Papers wp52, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Shafik, Nemat & Bandyopadhyay, Sushenjit, 1992. "Economic growth and environmental quality : time series and cross-country evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 904, The World Bank.
- repec:pri:rpdevs:deaton_dreze_poverty_india is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Saksena, Shalini & Deb, Moumita, 2016. "Economic Growth and Human Development in Indian States after two decades of Economic Reforms," MPRA Paper 71128, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Mar 2016.
- Chakraborty, Debashis & Mukherjee, Sacchidananda, 2010. "Relationship between Trade, Investment and Environment: A Review of Issues," MPRA Paper 23333, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Quality; Economic Liberalisation; economic growth; Human Development; India;
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- Q50 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - General
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eab:develo:22505. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shiro Armstrong). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaberau.html .