Ground Water Pollution and Emerging Environmental Challenges of Industrial Effluent Irrigation: A Case Study of Mettupalayam Taluk, Tamilnadu
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sacchidananda Mukherjee & Prakash Nelliyat, 2006. "Ground Water Pollution and Emerging Environmental Challenges of Industrial Effluent Irrigation : A Case Study of Mettupalayam Taluk, Tamilnadu," Development Economics Working Papers 22503, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Mukherjee, Sacchidananda & Nelliyat, Prakash, 2006. "Ground Water Pollution and Emerging Environmental Challenges of Industrial Effluent Irrigation: A Case Study of Mettupalayam Taluk, Tamilnadu," MPRA Paper 6474, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Scott, Christopher A. & Faruqui, N.I. & Raschid-Sally, Liqa (ed.), 2004. "Wastewater use in irrigated agriculture: confronting the livelihood and environmental realities," IWMI Books, International Water Management Institute, number 139075, September.
- M. Qadir & A. Ghafoor & G. Murtaza & G. MURTAZA, 2000. "Cadmium Concentration in Vegetables Grown on Urban Soils Irrigated with Untreated Municipal Sewage," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 13-21, March.
- Scott, C. A. & Faruqui, N. I. & Raschid-Sally, L., 2004. "Wastewater use in irrigated agriculture: confronting the livelihood and environmental realities," IWMI Books, Reports H035947, International Water Management Institute.
- Ensink, J. H. J. & van der Hoek, W. & Matsuno, Y. & Munir, S. & Aslam, M. R., 2002. "Use of untreated wastewater in peri-urban agriculture in Pakistan: risks and opportunities," IWMI Research Reports H030848, International Water Management Institute.
- Bouwer, Herman, 2000. "Integrated water management: emerging issues and challenges," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 217-228, August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Qadir, M. & Sharma, B.R. & Bruggeman, A. & Choukr-Allah, R. & Karajeh, F., 2007. "Non-conventional water resources and opportunities for water augmentation to achieve food security in water scarce countries," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 2-22, January.
- Qadir, Manzoor & Wichelns, D. & Raschid-Sally, Liqa & Minhas, P. S. & Drechsel, Pay & Bahri, Akissa & McCornick, Peter G. & Abaidoo, Robert Clement & Attia, F. & El-Guindy, S. & Ensink, J. H. J. & Jim, 2007. "Agricultural use of marginal-quality water: opportunities and challenges," Book Chapters,, International Water Management Institute.
- Qadir, M. & Boers, Th. M. & Schubert, S. & Ghafoor, A. & Murtaza, G., 2003. "Agricultural water management in water-starved countries: challenges and opportunities," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 165-185, October.
- Scheierling, S. M., 2010. "Improving wastewater use in agriculture: an emerging priority," IWMI Working Papers H043153, International Water Management Institute.
- Hans-Peter Weikard, 2016. "Phosphorus recycling and food security in the long run: a conceptual modelling approach," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(2), pages 405-414, April.
- Mekala, Gayathri Devi & Davidson, Brian & Samad, Madar & Boland, Anne-Maree, 2008. "A framework for efficient wastewater treatment and recycling systems," IWMI Research Reports 46387, International Water Management Institute.
- Jeong, Hanseok & Bhattarai, Rabin & Adamowski, Jan & Yu, David J., 2020. "Insights from socio-hydrological modeling to design sustainable wastewater reuse strategies for agriculture at the watershed scale," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 231(C).
- Minhas, P.S. & Khajanchi-Lal, & Yadav, R.K. & Dubey, S.K. & Chaturvedi, R.K., 2015. "Long term impact of waste water irrigation and nutrient rates: I. Performance, sustainability and produce quality of peri urban cropping systems," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 156(C), pages 100-109.
- Hosterman, H. R., 2009. "Water, climate change, and adaptation: focus on the Ganges River Basin," IWMI Working Papers H042415, International Water Management Institute.
- -, 2013. "An assessment of the economic and social impacts of climate change on the water sector in the Caribbean," Sede Subregional de la CEPAL para el Caribe (Estudios e Investigaciones) 38283, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Lagerkvist, Carl Johan & Hess, Sebastian & Ngigi, Marther W. & Okello, Julius Juma, 2011. "Consumers’ Willingness to Pay for Food Safety in Nairobi: The Case of Fresh Vegetables," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114409, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Alexandra Evans & Samyuktha Varma, 2009. "Practicalities of participation in urban IWRM: Perspectives of wastewater management in two cities in Sri Lanka and Bangladesh," Natural Resources Forum, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 33(1), pages 19-28, February.
- Amerasinghe, Priyani H. & Bhardwaj, Rajendra Mohan & Scott, C. & Jella, Kiran & Marshall, Fiona, 2013. "Urban wastewater and agricultural reuse challenges in India," IWMI Research Reports 158342, International Water Management Institute.
- Raja, Shameem & Cheema, Hafiza Masooma Naseer & Babar, Shaista & Khan, Asif Ali & Murtaza, Ghulam & Aslam, Usman, 2015. "Socio-economic background of wastewater irrigation and bioaccumulation of heavy metals in crops and vegetables," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 26-34.
- Roy, S. & Banna, L.N. & Mamun, S.A. & Farukh, M.A., 2013. "Effects of industrial wastewater reuse for crop production: A case study in Tejgaon metropolitan area of Dhaka, Bangladesh," Journal of the Bangladesh Agricultural University, Bangladesh Agricultural University Research System (BAURES), vol. 11.
- Ngigi, Marther W. & Okello, Julius Juma & Lagerkvist, Carl Johan & Karanja, Nancy & Mburu, John G., 2010. "Assessment of developing-country urban consumers’ willingness to pay for quality of leafy vegetables: The case of middle and high income consumers in Nairobi, Kenya," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 96191, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Antony, Edna & Singandhupe, R. B., 2004. "Impact of drip and surface irrigation on growth, yield and WUE of capsicum (Capsicum annum L.)," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 121-132, March.
- Morten Graversgaard & Beatrice Hedelin & Laurence Smith & Flemming Gertz & Anker Lajer Højberg & John Langford & Grit Martinez & Erik Mostert & Emilia Ptak & Heidi Peterson & Nico Stelljes & Cors Van , 2018. "Opportunities and Barriers for Water Co-Governance—A Critical Analysis of Seven Cases of Diffuse Water Pollution from Agriculture in Europe, Australia and North America," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(5), pages 1-39, May.
- Wichelns, Dennis & Oster, J.D., 2006. "Sustainable irrigation is necessary and achievable, but direct costs and environmental impacts can be substantial," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 86(1-2), pages 114-127, November.
- Sauer, Timm & Havlik, Petr & Schneider, Uwe A. & Kindermann, Georg E. & Obersteiner, Michael, 2008. "Agriculture, Population, Land and Water Scarcity in a Changing World – The Role of Irrigation," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44271, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
Keywordswater pollution; environmental; industrial effluent irrigation;
All these keywords.
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mad:wpaper:2006-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/mseacin.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Geetha G (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/mseacin.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.