Economic growth and emissions: reconsidering the empirical basis of environmental Kuznets curves
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- P Ekins, 1997. "The Kuznets Curve for the Environment and Economic Growth: Examining the Evidence," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 29(5), pages 805-830, May.
- World Commission on Environment and Development,, 1987. "Our Common Future," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780192820808.
- Chesshire, John, 1986. "An energy-efficient future : A strategy for the UK," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 395-412, October.
- Selden Thomas M. & Song Daqing, 1994. "Environmental Quality and Development: Is There a Kuznets Curve for Air Pollution Emissions?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 147-162, September.
- Bossanyi, Ervin, 1979. "UK primary energy consumption and the changing structure of final demand," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 253-258, September.
- Gene M. Grossman & Alan B. Krueger, 1995.
"Economic Growth and the Environment,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 110(2), pages 353-377.
- Hettige, Hemamala & Lucas, Robert E B & Wheeler, David, 1992. "The Toxic Intensity of Industrial Production: Global Patterns, Trends, and Trade Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 478-481, May.
- Suslick, Saul B. & Harris, DeVerle P., 1990. "Long-range metal consumption forecasts using innovative methods : The case of aluminium in Brazil to the year 2000," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 184-199, September.
- Arrow, Kenneth & Bolin, Bert & Costanza, Robert & Dasgupta, Partha & Folke, Carl & Holling, C.S. & Jansson, Bengt-Owe & Levin, Simon & Mäler, Karl-Göran & Perrings, Charles & Pimentel, David, 1996.
"Economic growth, carrying capacity, and the environment,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(01), pages 104-110, February.
- Arrow, Kenneth & Bolin, Bert & Costanza, Robert & Dasgupta, Partha & Folke, Carl & Holling, C. S. & Jansson, Bengt-Owe & Levin, Simon & Maler, Karl-Goran & Perrings, Charles & Pimentel, David, 1995. "Economic growth, carrying capacity, and the environment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 91-95, November.
- Labson B. Stephen & Crompton Paul L., 1993. "Common Trends in Economic Activity and Metals Demand: Cointegration and the Intensity of Use Debate," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 147-161, September.
- Labson B. Stephen, 1995. "Stochastic Trends and Structural Breaks in the Intensity of Metals Use," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 34-42, November.
- Auty, Richard, 1985. "Materials intensity of GDP: Research issues on the measurement and explanation of change," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 275-283, December.
- Simonis, Udo Ernst, 1989. "Industrial restructuring for sustainable development: Three points of departure," Discussion Papers, Research Professorship Environmental Policy FS II 89-401, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- P Ekins, 1997. "The Kuznets curve for the environment and economic growth: examining the evidence," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 29(5), pages 805-830, May.
- McSweeney, Chris & Hirosako, Minoru, 1991. "Understanding crude steel consumption : The perils of ignoring the role of technological change," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 258-270, December.
- Roberts, Mark C., 1990. "Predicting metal consumption : The case of US steel," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 56-73, March.
- Costanza, Robert, 1995. "Economic growth, carrying capacity, and the environment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 89-90, November.
- de Bruyn, S. M. & Opschoor, J. B., 1997. "Developments in the throughput-income relationship: theoretical and empirical observations," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 255-268, March.
- Labys, Walter C. & Waddell, Lorna M., 1989. "Commodity lifecycles in US materials demand," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 238-252, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:25:y:1998:i:2:p:161-175. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.