Capital Income Taxation and Specialization Patterns: Investment Tax vs. Saving Tax
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Yoshiyasu Ono & Akihisa Shibata, 2006. "Capital Income Taxation and Specialization Patterns: Investment Tax vs. Saving Tax," KIER Working Papers 613, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Manning, R, 1981. "Specialization and Dynamics in a Trade Model," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 57(158), pages 251-260, September.
- Lejour, Arjan M. & Verbon, Harrie A. A., 1998. "Source-based versus residence-based capital income taxes in a dynamic model," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 529-541, August.
- Mountford, Andrew, 1999.
"Trade Dynamics and Endogenous Growth: An Overlapping-Generations Analysis,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 66(262), pages 209-224, May.
- Mountford, A., 1996. "Trade dynamics and endogenous growth: an overlapping generations analysis," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9621, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- A. Lans Bovenberg, 1992. "Residence-and source-based taxation of capital income in an overlapping generations model," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 56(3), pages 267-295, October.
- Ihori, Toshihiro, 1991. "Capital Income Taxation in a World Economy: A Territorial System versus a Residence System," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(407), pages 958-965, July.
- Yasushi Iwamoto & Akihisa Shibata, 1999. "Foreign Tax Credit and the Current Account," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 6(2), pages 131-148, May.
- Lawrence H. Summers, 1988. "Tax Policy and International Competitiveness," NBER Chapters,in: International Aspects of Fiscal Policies, pages 349-386 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen J. Turnovsky, 1997. "International Macroeconomic Dynamics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262201119, January.
- Yoshiyasu Ono & Akihisa Shibata, 2005. "Fiscal Spending, Relative-Price Dynamics, and Welfare in a World Economy," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(2), pages 216-236, May.
- Jacob Frenkel & Assaf Razin & Efraim Sadka, 1991.
"International Taxation in an Integrated World,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262061430, January.
- Koichi Futagami & Akihiko Kaneko & Yoshiyasu Ono & Akihisa Shibata, 2008. "International Asset Trade, Capital Income Taxation, and Specialization Patterns," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 10(5), pages 743-763, October.
- Zhiqi Chen, 1992. "Long-Run Equilibria in a Dynamic Heckscher-Ohlin Model," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 25(4), pages 923-943, November.
- Brecher, Richard A & Chen, Zhiqi & Choudhri, Ehsan U, 2002.
"Absolute and Comparative Advantage, Reconsidered: The Pattern of International Trade with Optimal Saving,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(4), pages 645-656, November.
- Richard A. Brecher & Zhiqi Chen & Ehsan U. Choudhri, 2000. "Absolute and Comparative Advantage, Reconsidered: The Pattern of International Trade with Optimal Saving," Carleton Economic Papers 00-02, Carleton University, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2002.
- repec:cup:macdyn:v:3:y:1999:i:4:p:482-505 is not listed on IDEAS
- Steger, Thomas M., 2000. "Economic growth with subsistence consumption," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 343-361, August.
- Ogaki, Masao & Zhang, Qiang, 2001.
"Decreasing Relative Risk Aversion and Tests of Risk Sharing,"
Econometric Society, vol. 69(2), pages 515-526, March.
- Masao Ogaki & Qiang Zhang, 1998. "Decreasing Relative Risk Aversion and Tests of Risk Sharing," Working Papers 98-02, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Masao Ogaki & Qiang Zhang, 2000. "Decreasing Relative Risk Aversion and Tests of Risk Sharing," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1588, Econometric Society.
- Feldstein, Martin & Horioka, Charles, 1980. "Domestic Saving and International Capital Flows," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(358), pages 314-329, June.
- Yoshiyasu Ono & Akihisa Shibata, 2006. "Long-run Specialization," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Peter Birch Sørensen, 1990. "On the Welfare Gains From International Fiscal Coordination," Discussion Papers 90-04, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- H. Oniki & H. Uzawa, 1965. "Patterns of Trade and Investment in a Dynamic Model of International Trade," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(1), pages 15-37.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1970. "Factor Price Equalization in a Dynamic Economy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(3), pages 456-488, May-June.
- Atkeson, Andrew & Ogaki, Masao, 1996.
"Wealth-varying intertemporal elasticities of substitution: Evidence from panel and aggregate data,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 507-534, December.
- Atkeson, A. & Ogaki, M., 1991. "Wealth-Varying Intertemporal Elasticities of Substitution Evidence from Panel and Aggregate Data," RCER Working Papers 303, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Giovannini, Alberto, 1990. "International capital mobility and capital-income taxation : Theory and policy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(2-3), pages 480-488, May.
- Francesc Obiols-Homs & Carlos Urrutia, 2005.
"Transitional dynamics and the distribution of assets,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 25(2), pages 381-400, February.
- Francesc Obiols-Homs & Carlos Urrutia, 2004. "Transitional Dynamics and the Distribution of Assets," Macroeconomics 0407020, EconWPA.
- Bianconi, Marcelo, 1995. "Fiscal policy in a simple two-country dynamic model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 395-419.
- Easterly, William, 1994.
"Economic stagnation, fixed factors, and policy thresholds,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 525-557, June.
- Easterly, William, 1991. "Economic stagnation, fixed factors, and policy thresholds," Policy Research Working Paper Series 795, The World Bank.
- Obstfeld,Maurice & Taylor,Alan M., 2005. "Global Capital Markets," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521671798.
- Fischer, Stanley & Frenkel, Jacob A., 1972. "Investment, the two-sector model and trade in debt and capital goods," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 211-233, August.
- Kiminori Matsuyama, 1988. "Terms-of-Trade, Factor Intensities and the Current Account in a Life-Cycle Model," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 55(2), pages 247-262.
- Baxter, Marianne, 1992.
"Fiscal Policy, Specialization, and Trade in the Two-Sector Model: The Return of Ricardo?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(4), pages 713-744, August.
- Marianne Baxter, 1991. "Fiscal policy, specialization, and trade in the two-sector model: the return of Ricardo?," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 56, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Bovenberg, A.L., 1992. "Residence- and source-based taxation of capital income in an overlapping generations model," Other publications TiSEM 12d54ff8-8cd9-4648-9753-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Chatterjee, Satyajit & Ravikumar, B., 1999.
"Minimum Consumption Requirements: Theoretical And Quantitative Implications For Growth And Distribution,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(04), pages 482-505, December.
- Chatterjee, S. & Ravikumar, B., 1997. "Minimum Consumption Requirements: Theoretical and Quantitative Implications for Growth and Distribution," Working Papers 97-15, University of Iowa, Department of Economics.
- Satyajit Chatterjee & B. Ravikumar & B. Ravikumar, 1997. "Minimum consumptions requirements: theoretical and quantitative implications for growth and distribution," Working Papers 97-15, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Ikeda, Shinsuke & Ono, Yoshiyasu, 1992. "Macroeconomic Dynamics in a Multi-country Economy: A Dynamic Optimization Approach," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 33(3), pages 629-644, August.
- Masao Ogaki & Andrew Atkeson, 1997. "Rate Of Time Preference, Intertemporal Elasticity Of Substitution, And Level Of Wealth," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(4), pages 564-572, November.
- Qiang Zhang & Masao Ogaki, 2004. "Decreasing Relative Risk Aversion, Risk Sharing, and the Permanent Income Hypothesis," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 22, pages 421-430, October.
- Iwamoto, Yasushi & Shibata, Akihisa, 1991. "Capital income taxation and the current account in a small open economy," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 480-496, December.
- Robert A. Becker, 1980. "On the Long-Run Steady State in a Simple Dynamic Model of Equilibrium with Heterogeneous Households," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 95(2), pages 375-382.
More about this item
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dpr:wpaper:0649. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fumiko Matsumoto). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/isosujp.html .