Minimum Consumption Requirements: Theoretical and Quantitative Implications for Growth and Distribution
We study the impact of a minimum consumption requirement on the rate of economic growth and the evolution of wealth distribution.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1997|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (319) 335-0829
Fax: (319) 335-1956
Web page: http://tippie.uiowa.edu/economics/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Townsend, Robert M, 1994.
"Risk and Insurance in Village India,"
Econometric Society, vol. 62(3), pages 539-91, May.
- Townsend, R.M., 1991. "Risk and Insurance in Village India," University of Chicago - Economics Research Center 91-3, Chicago - Economics Research Center.
- Robert M. Townsend, . "Risk and Insurance in Village India," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 91-3a, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Easterly, William, 1991.
"Economic stagnation, fixed factors, and policy thresholds,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
795, The World Bank.
- Easterly, William, 1994. "Economic stagnation, fixed factors, and policy thresholds," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 525-557, June.
- Chatterjee, Satyajit, 1994. "Transitional dynamics and the distribution of wealth in a neoclassical growth model," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 97-119, May.
- Masao Ogaki & Jonathan D. Ostry & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1996.
"Saving Behavior in Low- and Middle-Income Developing Countries: A Comparison,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 43(1), pages 38-71, March.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Ogaki, Masao & Ostry, Jonathan, 1996. "Saving Behavior in Low- and Middle-Income Developing Countries: A Comparison," MPRA Paper 6978, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Ogaki, Masao & Ostry, Jonathan, 1995. "Saving behavior in low- and middle-income developing countries," MPRA Paper 13757, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Masao Ogaki & Jonathan David Ostry & Carmen Reinhart, 1995. "Saving Behavior in Low and Middle-Income Developing Countries; A Comparison," IMF Working Papers 95/3, International Monetary Fund.
- Caselli, F. & Ventura, J., 1996.
"A Representative Consumer Theory of Distribution,"
96-11, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Benabou, R., 1996.
"Inequality and Growth,"
96-22, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Glomm, Gerhard & Ravikumar, B, 1992. "Public versus Private Investment in Human Capital Endogenous Growth and Income Inequality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(4), pages 818-34, August.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Wolpin, Kenneth I, 1993.
"Credit Market Constraints, Consumption Smoothing, and the Accumulation of Durable Production Assets in Low-Income Countries: Investment in Bullocks in India,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(2), pages 223-44, April.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Wolpin, Kenneth I., 1989. "Credit Market Constraints, Consumption Smoothing and the Accumulation of Durable Production Assets in Low-Income Countries: Investments in Bullocks in India," Bulletins 7487, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Tamura, Robert, 1996.
"Regional economies and market integration,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 825-845, May.
- Atkeson, Andrew & Ogaki, Masao, 1996.
"Wealth-varying intertemporal elasticities of substitution: Evidence from panel and aggregate data,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 507-534, December.
- Atkeson, A. & Ogaki, M., 1991. "Wealth-Varying Intertemporal Elasticities of Substitution Evidence from Panel and Aggregate Data," RCER Working Papers 303, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Lawrance, Emily C, 1991. "Poverty and the Rate of Time Preference: Evidence from Panel Data," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(1), pages 54-77, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uia:iowaec:97-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John Solow)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.