Tackling the largest global education challenge? Secular and religious education in northern Nigeria
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Uwaifo Oyelere, Ruth, 2010. "Africa's education enigma? The Nigerian story," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 128-139, January.
- Pierre André & Jean-Luc Demonsant, 2012.
"Koranic Schools in Senegal : A real barrier to formal education?,"
THEMA Working Papers
2012-46, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- André, Pierre & Demonsant, Jean-Luc, 2013. "Koranic Schools in Senegal : A real barrier to formal education?," MPRA Paper 53997, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- ANDRÉ Pierre & DEMONSANT Jean-Luc, 2012. "Koranic Schools in Senegal: A real barrier to formal education?," LISER Working Paper Series 2012-34, LISER.
- Niaz Asadullah, Mohammad & Chaudhury, Nazmul & Dar, Amit, 2007.
"Student achievement conditioned upon school selection: Religious and secular secondary school quality in Bangladesh,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 648-659, December.
- Mohammad Niaz Asadullah (Reading University), Nazmul Chaudhury (World Bank) and Amit Dar (World Bank), "undated". "Student Achievement Conditioned Upon School Selection: Religious and Secular Secondary School Quality in Bangladesh," QEH Working Papers qehwps140, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Andrabi, Tahir & Das, Jishnu & Khwaja, Asim Ijaz & Zajonc, Tristan, 2005.
"Religious school enrollment in Pakistan : a look at the data,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3521, The World Bank.
- Andrabi, Tahir & Das, Jishnu & Khwaja, Asim Ijaz & Zajonc, Tristan, 2005. "Religious School Enrollment in Pakistan: A Look at the Data," Working Paper Series rwp05-024, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Lincove, Jane Arnold, 2009. "Determinants of schooling for boys and girls in Nigeria under a policy of free primary education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 474-484, August.
- Francisco A. Gallego & Robert Woodberry, 2010.
"Christian Missionaries and Education in Former African Colonies: How Competition Mattered,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 19(3), pages 294-329, June.
- Francisco Gallego & Robert Woodberry, 2009. "Christian Missionaries and Education in Former African Colonies: How Competition Mattered," Working Papers ClioLab 2, EH Clio Lab. Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
More about this item
KeywordsUniversal primary education; Islamic education; Nigeria; bivariate probit;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2012-12-15 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2012-12-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2012-12-15 (Development)
- NEP-EDU-2012-12-15 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2012-12-15 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:csa:wpaper:2012-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julia Coffey). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/csaoxuk.html .