The Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in sub-Saharan Africa: What Role for Governance?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Gilles Cols, 2017. "The determinants of foreign direct investment in sub-Saharan Africa: What role for governance?," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 63-81, June.
- Andres Rodrigues-Pose & Gilles Cols, 2017. "The Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in sub-Saharan Africa: What Role for Governance?," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1720, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Sep 2017.
References listed on IDEAS
- Elizabeth Asiedu, 2004. "Policy Reform and Foreign Direct Investment in Africa: Absolute Progress but Relative Decline," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 22(1), pages 41-48, January.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2002:i:4:p:1-19 is not listed on IDEAS
- Asiedu, Elizabeth & Lien, Donald, 2011.
"Democracy, foreign direct investment and natural resources,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 99-111, May.
- Elizabeth Asiedu & Donald Lien, 2010. "Democracy, Foreign Direct Investment and Natural Resources," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 201009, University of Kansas, Department of Economics.
- Cotton, Linda & Ramachandran, Vijaya, 2001. "Foreign Direct Investment in Emerging Economies: Lessons from sub-Saharan Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 082, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Kraay, Aart & Mastruzzi, Massimo, 2007.
"Governance Matters VI: Aggregate and Individual Governance Indicators, 1996-2006,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4280, The World Bank.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Kraay, Aart & Mastruzzi, Massimo, 2008. "Governance matters VII : aggregate and individual governance indicators 1996-2007," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4654, The World Bank.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Kraay, Aart & Mastruzzi, Massimo, 2009. "Governance matters VIII : aggregate and individual governance indicators 1996-2008," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4978, The World Bank.
- Elizabeth Asiedu, 2006.
"Foreign Direct Investment in Africa: The Role of Natural Resources, Market Size, Government Policy, Institutions and Political Instability,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 63-77, January.
- Asiedu, Elizabeth, 2005. "Foreign Direct Investment in Africa: The Role of Natural Resources, Market Size, Government Policy, Institutions and Political Instability," WIDER Working Paper Series 024, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Asiedu, Elizabeth, 2002. "On the Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment to Developing Countries: Is Africa Different?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 107-119, January.
- Anupam Basu & Krishna Srinivasan, 2002. "Foreign Direct Investment in Africa—Some Case Studies," IMF Working Papers 02/61, International Monetary Fund.
- Anthony Bende-Nabende, 2002. "Foreign direct investment determinants in Sub-Sahara Africa: A co-integration analysis," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(4), pages 1-19.
- Léonce Ndikumana & Sher Verick, 2008.
"The Linkages Between FDI and Domestic Investment: Unravelling the Developmental Impact of Foreign Investment in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Development Policy Review,
Overseas Development Institute, vol. 26(6), pages 713-726, November.
- Ndikumana, Leonce & Verick, Sher, 2008. "The Linkages between FDI and Domestic Investment: Unravelling the Developmental Impact of Foreign Investment in Sub-Saharan Africa," IZA Discussion Papers 3296, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Li, Quan & Resnick, Adam, 2003. "Reversal of Fortunes: Democratic Institutions and Foreign Direct Investment Inflows to Developing Countries," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 57(01), pages 175-211, December.
More about this item
Keywordsforeign direct investment (FDI); good governance; institutions; markets; Natural resources; Sub-Saharan Africa;
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- N57 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - Africa; Oceania
- O43 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Institutions and Growth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2017-08-27 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2017-08-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-INT-2017-08-27 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:12223. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.