Structural Interdependence among Colombian Departments
This paper advances on the analysis of the structural interdependence among Colombiandepartments. The results show that Bogotá has a large influence in the other regionaleconomies through its purchasing power. Additionally, it can be observed a centerperipherypattern in the spatial concentration of the effects of the hypothetical extractionof any territory. From a policy point of view, the main findings reaffirm the role playedby Bogotá in the polarization process observed in the regional economies in Colombiain the last years. Any policy action oriented to reduce these regional disparities shouldtake into account that, given the structural interdependence among Colombiandepartments, new investment in the lagged regions would flow through Bogotá and themajor regional economies.
|Date of creation:||10 Jun 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter B. Dixon & Maureen T. Rimmer, 2004. "Disaggregation of results from a detailed general equilibrium model of the US to the State level," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-145, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Luis Armando Galvis Aponte, 2001.
"La topografía económica de Colombia,"
DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO SOBRE ECONOMÍA REGIONAL
003095, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ECONOMÍA REGIONAL.
- Luis Armando Galvis Aponte, 2001. "La topografía económica de Colombia," Documentos de trabajo sobre Economía Regional 22, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Jaime Bonet, 2005. "Regional Structural Changes In Colombia: An Input-Output Approach," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003440, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Jaime Bonet, 2005. "Regional Structural Changes in Colombia: An Input-Output Approach," Borradores de Economia 341, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Jaime Bonet, 2003. "Colombian regions: Competitive or complementary?," REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL ROSARIO, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:col:000094:004722. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Clorith Angélica Bahos Olivera)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.