Structural Interdependence Among Colombian Departments
This paper analyzes structural interdependence among Colombian departments. The results show that Bogota has a large influence on the other regional economies through the power of its purchases. Additionally, a center-periphery pattern emerges in the spatial concentration of the effects of the hypothetical extraction of any territory. From a policy point of view, the main findings reaffirm the role played by Bogota in the recent polarization process observed in the regional economies in Colombia. Any policy action oriented to reduce these regional disparities should take into account that, given the structural interdependence among Colombian departments, the effects of new investment in the lagged regions would flow through Bogota and the major regional economies.
Volume (Year): 22 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CESR20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/CESR20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter B. Dixon & Maureen T. Rimmer, 2004. "Disaggregation of results from a detailed general equilibrium model of the US to the State level," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-145, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Luis Armando Galvis Aponte, 2001.
"La topografía económica de Colombia,"
DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO SOBRE ECONOMÍA REGIONAL
003095, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ECONOMÍA REGIONAL.
- Luis Armando Galvis Aponte, 2001. "La topografía económica de Colombia," Documentos de trabajo sobre Economía Regional 22, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Jaime Bonet, 2005. "Regional Structural Changes In Colombia: An Input-Output Approach," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003440, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Jaime Bonet, 2005. "Regional Structural Changes in Colombia: An Input-Output Approach," Borradores de Economia 341, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Jaime Bonet, 2003. "Colombian regions: Competitive or complementary?," REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL ROSARIO, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:ecsysr:v:22:y:2010:i:3:p:279-300. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.