Efficiency and the Value of Money
In a monetary model, it is shown that if there is a unique Pareto inefficient barter equilibrium, then a monetary equilibrium exists when traders are sufficiently patient. Copyright 1989 by The Review of Economic Studies Limited.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:oup:restud:v:40:y:1973:i:2:p:149-65 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cass, David & Okuno, Masahiro & Zilcha, Itzhak., .
"The Role of Money in Supporting the Pareto Optimality of Competitive Equilibrium in Consumption-Loan Type Models,"
242, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Cass, David & Okuno, Masahiro & Zilcha, Itzhak, 1979. "The role of money in supporting the pareto optimality of competitive equilibrium in consumption-loan type models," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 41-80, February.
- Grandmont, Jean-Michel & Laroque, Guy, 1973. "Money in the pure consumption loan model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 382-395, August.
- Drew Fudenberg & David K. Levine, 1983.
"Subgame-Perfect Equilibria of Finite- and Infinite-Horizon Games,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
219, David K. Levine.
- Fudenberg, Drew & Levine, David, 1983. "Subgame-perfect equilibria of finite- and infinite-horizon games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 251-268, December.
- Woodford, Michael, 1986. "Stationary sunspot equilibria in a finance constrained economy," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 128-137, October.
- Bewley, Truman, 1983.
"A Difficulty with the Optimum Quantity of Money,"
Econometric Society, vol. 51(5), pages 1485-504, September.
- repec:oup:restud:v:39:y:1972:i:3:p:355-72 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cla:levarc:2161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David K. Levine)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.