A Model of Fiat Money and Barter
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Engineer, Merwan & Bernhardt, Dan, 1991. "Money, Barter, and the Optimality of Legal Restrictions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(4), pages 743-773, August.
- Jean-Michel Grandmont & Yves Younes, 1972. "On the Role of Money and the Existence of a Monetary Equilibrium," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 39(3), pages 355-372.
- Jean-Michel Grandmont & Yves Younes, 1973. "On the Efficiency of a Monetary Equilibrium," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(2), pages 149-165.
- Chatterjee, S. & Corbae, D., 1991. "Endogenous Market Participation and General Equilibrium Value of Money," Working Papers 91-08, University of Iowa, Department of Economics.
- Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro & Wright, Randall, 1991. "A contribution to the pure theory of money," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 215-235, April.
- Shapley, Lloyd S. & Shubik, Martin, 1969. "On market games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 9-25, June.
- Oh, Seonghwan, 1989. "A theory of a generally acceptable medium of exchange and barter," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 101-119, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:18:y:2002:i:1:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Randall Wright, 2005.
"Introduction To "Models Of Monetary Economies Ii: The Next Generation","
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 46(2), pages 305-316, May.
- Randall Wright, 2005. "Introduction to "Models of Monetary Economies II: The Next Generation"," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Oct, pages 2-9.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:5:y:2005:i:3:p:1-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- R. Vijay Krishna, 2004. "Non-robustness of the Cash-in-advance Equilibrium in the Trading Post Model," Levine's Bibliography 122247000000000104, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Deck, Cary A. & McCabe, Kevin A. & Porter, David P., 2006. "Why stable fiat money hyperinflates: Results from an experimental economy," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 471-486, November.
- Sophie Brana & Mathilde Maurel, 1999.
"Barter in Russia: Liquidity Shortage versus Lack of Restructuring,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
271, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Brana, S. & Maurel, M., 1999. "Barter in Russia : Liquidity Shortage Versus Lack of Restructuring," Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications 1999.98, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Brana, Sophie & Maurel, Mathilde, 1999. "Barter in Russia: Liquidity Shortage Versus Lack of Restructuring," CEPR Discussion Papers 2258, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marvasti, A. & Smyth, David J., 1999. "The effect of barter on the demand for money: an empirical analysis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 73-80, July.
- Matsui, Akihiko, 1998. "Strong Currency and Weak Currency," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 305-333, December.
- George Selgin, 2003. "Adaptive Learning and the Transition to Fiat Money," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(484), pages 147-165, January.
- Edward J. Green, 2002. "Payment Arrangements and Inflation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 51-57, May.
- Araujo, Luis & Camargo, Braz & Minetti, Raoul & Puzzello, Daniela, 2012. "The essentiality of money in environments with centralized trade," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(7), pages 612-621.
- Krishna, R. Vijay, 2003. "Non-robustness of the Cash-in-Advance Equilibrium in the Trading-Post Model," Working Papers 9-03-2, Pennsylvania State University, Department of Economics.
- Jean-Paul Chavas & Daniel W. Bromley, 2008. "On the Origins and Evolving Role of Money," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 164(4), pages 624-651, December.
- Samuel E. Vazquez, 2009. "Scale Invariance, Bounded Rationality and Non-Equilibrium Economics," Papers 0902.3840, arXiv.org.
More about this item
- D51 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Exchange and Production Economies
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jetheo:v:68:y:1996:i:1:p:111-132. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.