The effect of barter on the demand for money: an empirical analysis
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Engineer, Merwan & Bernhardt, Dan, 1991. "Money, Barter, and the Optimality of Legal Restrictions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(4), pages 743-773, August.
- Williamson, Steve & Wright, Randall, 1994.
"Barter and Monetary Exchange under Private Information,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 104-123, March.
- Stephen D. Williamson & Randall Wright, 1991. "Barter and monetary exchange under private information," Staff Report 141, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Williamson, S. & Wright, R., 1991. "Barter and Monetary Exchange Under Private Information," University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations Working Papers 9107, University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations.
- Holmes, James M & Smyth, David J, 1972. "The Specification of the Demand for Money and the Tax Multiplier," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(1), pages 179-185, Jan.-Feb..
- Laumas, Prem S, 1990. "Monetization, Financial Liberalization, and Economic Development," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 38(2), pages 377-390, January.
- Cutler, Harvey & Davies, Stephen & Rhodd, Janice & Schwarm, Walter, 1997. "The Demand for M1 in a Large Macroeconomic System: Evidence from Cointegration Analysis," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 53-78, January.
- Williams, Colin C., 1996. "The New Barter Economy: An Appraisal of Local Exchange and Trading Systems (LETS)," Journal of Public Policy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(01), pages 85-101, January.
- Akbar Marvasti & David Smyth, 1998. "Barter in the US economy:a macroeconomic analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(8), pages 1077-1088.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Eric S. Maskin, 1996. "A Walrasian Theory of Money and Barter," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 111(4), pages 955-1005.
- Hayashi, Fumio & Matsui, Akihiko, 1996. "A Model of Fiat Money and Barter," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 111-132, January.
- Fumio Hayashi & Akihiko Matsui, 1994. "A Model of Fiat Money and Barter," NBER Working Papers 4919, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Taylor, Mark P, 1994. "On the Reinterpretation of Money Demand Regressions," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 26(4), pages 851-866, November.
- Hoffman, Dennis L. & Rasche, Robert H. & Tieslau, Margie A., 1995. "The stability of long-run money demand in five industrial countries," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 317-339, April.
- Alchian, Armen A, 1977. "Why Money?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 9(1), pages 133-140, February.
- Bardsen, Gunnar, 1992. "Dynamic modeling of the demand for narrow money in Norway," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 363-393, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)