Lessons from the History of Independent System Operators in the Energy Sector, with applications to the Water Sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Barmack, Matthew & Kahn, Edward & Tierney, Susan & Goldman, Charles, 2008. "Econometric models of power prices: An approach to market monitoring in the Western US," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 307-320, December.
- Sioshansi, Fereidoon P., 2008. "Competitive Electricity Markets: Questions Remain about Design, Implementation, Performance," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 74-87, March.
- John Kwoka, 2008. "Restructuring the U.S. Electric Power Sector: A Review of Recent Studies," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 32(3), pages 165-196, May.
- Vincent Rious & Sophie Plumel, 2006. "An operational and institutional modular analysis framework of Transmission and System Operator Why Transmission and System Operators are not ideal ones," Post-Print hal-00228320, HAL.
- Kristiansen, T. & Rosellón, J., 2010.
"Merchant electricity transmission expansion: A European case study,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 4107-4115.
- Juan Rosellon & Tarjei Kristiansen, 2007. "Merchant Electricity Transmission Expansion: A European Case Study," Working papers DTE 391, CIDE, División de Economía.
- Tarjei Kristiansen & Juan Rosellón, 2010. "Merchant Electricity Transmission Expansion: A European Case Study," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1028, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Robert Michaels, 2008. "Electricity Market Monitoring and the Economics of Regulation," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 32(3), pages 197-216, May.
- Isemonger, Alan G., 2009. "The evolving design of RTO ancillary service markets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 150-157, January.
- Adamson, Seabron & Noe, Thomas & Parker, Geoffrey, 2010. "Efficiency of financial transmission rights markets in centrally coordinated periodic auctions," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 771-778, July.
- Giulietti, Monica & Grossi, Luigi & Waterson, Michael, 2010.
"Price transmission in the UK electricity market: Was NETA beneficial?,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 1165-1174, September.
- Giulietti, Monica & Grossi, Luigi & Waterson, Michael, 2009. "Price transmission in the UK electricity market : was NETA beneficial?," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 913, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Deng, Shi-Jie & Oren, Shmuel & Meliopoulos, A.P., 2010. "The inherent inefficiency of simultaneously feasible financial transmission rights auctions," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 779-785, July.
- Boyce, John R. & Hollis, Aidan, 2005. "Governance of electricity transmission systems," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 237-255, March.
- Sauma, Enzo E. & Oren, Shmuel S., 2009. "Do generation firms in restructured electricity markets have incentives to support social-welfare-improving transmission investments?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 676-689, September.
- Pollitt, Michael, 2008.
"The arguments for and against ownership unbundling of energy transmission networks,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 704-713, February.
- Pollitt, M., 2007. "The arguments for and against ownership unbundling of energy transmission networks," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0737, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Puga, J. Nicolas & Lesser, Jonathan A., 2009. "Public Policy and Private Interests: Why Transmission Planning and Cost-Allocation Methods Continue to Stifle Renewable Energy Policy Goals," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 7-19, December.
- Vogelsang, Ingo, 2001. "Price Regulation for Independent Transmission Companies," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 141-165, September.
- Abdala, Manuel A., 2008. "Governance of competitive transmission investment in weak institutional systems," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1306-1320, July.
- Enese Lieb-Doczy & Isabelle McKenzie & David Squires, 2008. "Unbundling ownership and control: international experience of independent system operators," International Journal of Global Energy Issues, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 29(1/2), pages 133-142.
- Zhang, Ning, 2009. "Market performance and bidders' bidding behavior in the New York Transmission Congestion Contract market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 61-68, January.
- Stratford Douglas, 2006. "Measuring Gains from Regional Dispatch: Coal-Fired Power Plant Utilization and Market Reforms," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 119-138.
- Rosellón Juan, 2003. "Different Approaches Towards Electricity Transmission Expansion," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 2(3), pages 1-32, September.
- Bushnell, James & Wolfram, Catherine, 2008. "Electricity Markets," Staff General Research Papers Archive 31547, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Pollitt, M. & Bialek, J., 2007. "Electricity Network Investment And Regulation For A Low Carbon Future," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0750, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nepal, Rabindra & Jamasb, Tooraj, 2015.
"Caught between theory and practice: Government, market, and regulatory failure in electricity sector reforms,"
Economic Analysis and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 16-24.
- Rabindra, Nepal & Tooraj, Jamasb, 2013. "Caught Between Theory and Practice: Government, Market, and Regulatory Failure in Electricity Sector Reforms," SIRE Discussion Papers 2013-22, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Rabindra Nepal & Tooraj Jamasb, 2013. "Caught Between Theory and Practice: Government, Market, and Regulatory Failure in Electricity Sector Reforms," Heriot-Watt University Economics Discussion Papers 1301, Department of Economics, School of Management and Languages, Heriot Watt University.
- Rabindra Nepal & Tooraj Jamasb, 2014. "Caught Between Theory and Practice: Government, Market, and Regulatory Failure in Electricity Sector Reforms," ASARC Working Papers 2014-06, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
More about this item
Keywordsindependent system operator; electricity transmission; gas transmission; water supply;
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cam:camdae:1153. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jake Dyer). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.cam.ac.uk/ .