Expansión de las Redes de Transmisión Eléctrica en Norteamérica: Teoría y Aplicaciones
[The Expansion of Electricity Networks in North America: Theory and Applications]
We present a hybrid mechanism application for the electrical system network expansion in Mexico, United States and Canada. The application is based on redefining the transmission output in terms of "point-to-point" transactions or financial transmission rights (FTRs); rebalancing the fixed and variable parts of a two-part tariff; as well as in the use of nodal pricing. The expansion of the transmission is carried out through the sale of FTRs for the congested electrical lines. The mechanism was tested in the national electric system of Mexico (SEN) with 24 nodes and 35 power line, in the Pennsylvania-New Jersey-Maryland (PJM) grid with 17 nodes and 31 lines, and finally in the Ontario network with 10 nodes and 10 lines. The results thereof indicate that prices converge to the marginal generation cost, congestion decreases and the social benefit increases in the three systems, regardless of the organization of the electrical system, the network topology or the type of installed generation capacity
|Date of creation:||Aug 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Juan Rosellón & Hannes Weigt, 2010.
"A Dynamic Incentive Mechanism for Transmission Expansion in Electricity Networks: Theory, Modeling, and Application,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1019, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Juan Rosellón & Hannes Weigt, 2011. "A Dynamic Incentive Mechanism for Transmission Expansion in Electricity Networks: Theory, Modeling, and Application," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 119-148.
- Juan Rosellon & Hannes Weigt, 2008. "A Dynamic Incentive Mechanism for Transmission Expansion in Electricity Networks–Theory, Modeling and Application," Working papers DTE 424, CIDE, División de Economía.
- Rosellon, Juan & Weigt, Hannes, 2008. "A Dynamic Incentive Mechanism for Transmission Expansion in Electricity Networks – Theory, Modeling and Application," MPRA Paper 22843, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mark Armstrong & Simon Cowan & John Vickers, 1994. "Regulatory Reform: Economic Analysis and British Experience," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262510790.
- Tarjei Kristiansen & Juan Rosellón, 2010.
"Merchant Electricity Transmission Expansion: A European Case Study,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1028, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Kristiansen, T. & Rosellón, J., 2010. "Merchant electricity transmission expansion: A European case study," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 4107-4115.
- Juan Rosellon & Tarjei Kristiansen, 2007. "Merchant Electricity Transmission Expansion: A European Case Study," Working papers DTE 391, CIDE, División de Economía.
- Joskow, Paul L., 2005.
"Transmission policy in the United States,"
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 95-115, June.
- Joskow, P.L., 2004. "Transmission Policy in the United States," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0454, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Paul L. Joskow, 2004. "Transmission Policy in the United States," Working Papers 0417, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Rosellón Juan, 2003. "Different Approaches Towards Electricity Transmission Expansion," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 2(3), pages 1-32, September.
- Vogelsang, Ingo, 2001. "Price Regulation for Independent Transmission Companies," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 141-165, September.
- Thomas-Olivier Leautier, 2000. "Regulation of an Electric Power Transmission Company," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 61-92.
- Rosellon, Juan, 2007. "An incentive mechanism for electricity transmission expansion in Mexico," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 3003-3014, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:26470. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.