Auction House Guarantees for Works of Art
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kathryn Graddy & Jonathan Hamilton, 2014. "Auction House Guarantees for Works of Art," ACEI Working Paper Series AWP-02-2014, Association for Cultural Economics International, revised May 2014.
- Graddy, Kathryn & Hamilton, Jonathan, 2014. "Auction House Guarantees for Works of Art," CEPR Discussion Papers 9996, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
References listed on IDEAS
- McAfee, R. Preston & McMillan, John, 1989. "Government procurement and international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3-4), pages 291-308, May.
- Jeremy Bulow & Ming Huang & Paul Klemperer, 1999.
"Toeholds and Takeovers,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(3), pages 427-454, June.
- Jeremy Bulow & Ming Huang & Paul Klemperer, 1996. "Toeholds and Takeovers," Finance 9608001, EconWPA.
- Jeremy Bulow & Ming Huang & Paul Klemperer, 1999. "Toeholds and Takeovers," Finance 9903005, EconWPA.
- Bulow, Jeremy I. & Huang, Ming & Klemperer, Paul, 1996. "Toeholds and Takeovers," CEPR Discussion Papers 1486, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Habib, Bilal & Narayan, Ambar & Olivieri, Sergio & Sanchez-Paramo, Carolina, 2010. "Assessing poverty and distributional impacts of the global crisis in the Philippines : a microsimulation approach," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5286, The World Bank.
- Daron Acemoglu, 1999.
"Changes in Unemployment and Wage Inequality: An Alternative Theory and Some Evidence,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(5), pages 1259-1278, December.
- Acemoglu, Daron, 1996. "Changes in Unemployment and Wage Inequality: An Alternative Theory and Some Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 1459, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Daron Acemoglu, 1998. "Changes in Unemployment and Wage Inequality: An Alternative Theory and Some Evidence," NBER Working Papers 6658, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Acemoglu, D., 1996. "Changes in Unemployment and Wage Inequality: An Alternative Theory and Some Evidence," Working papers 96-15, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Singh, Rajdeep, 1998.
"Takeover Bidding with Toeholds: The Case of the Owner's Curse,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 11(4), pages 679-704.
- Rajdeep Singh, 1995. "Takeover Bidding with Toeholds: The Case of the Owner's Curse," Finance 9503001, EconWPA.
- Buchinsky, Moshe, 1994. "Changes in the U.S. Wage Structure 1963-1987: Application of Quantile Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(2), pages 405-458, March.
- Alan Beggs & Kathryn Graddy, 2008.
"Failure to meet the reserve price: the impact on returns to art,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 32(4), pages 301-320, December.
- Alan Beggs & Kathryn Graddy, 2006. "Failure to Meet the Reserve Price: The Impact on Returns to Art," Economics Series Working Papers 272, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Beggs, Alan & Graddy, Kathryn, 2006. "Failure to Meet the Reserve Price: The Impact on Returns to Art," CEPR Discussion Papers 5811, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Moshe Buchinsky, 1998. "Recent Advances in Quantile Regression Models: A Practical Guideline for Empirical Research," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 33(1), pages 88-126.
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Susan Parker & Emmanuel Skoufias, 2004. "The added worker effect over the business cycle: evidence from urban Mexico," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(10), pages 625-630.
- Linda Adair & Eilene Bisgrove & David Guilkey & Socorro Gultiano, 2002. "Effect of childbearing on Filipino women's work hours and earnings," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 15(4), pages 625-645.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1973. "Wage Discrimination: Reduced Form and Structural Estimates," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 8(4), pages 436-455.
- Eric A. Greenleaf & Ambar G. Rao & Atanu R. Sinha, 1993. "Guarantees in Auctions: The Auction House as Negotiator and Managerial Decision Maker," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(9), pages 1130-1145, September.
- Klemperer, Paul, 1998. "Auctions with almost common values: The 'Wallet Game' and its applications," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(3-5), pages 757-769, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Federico Etro & Elena Stepanova, 2015. "The Market for Paintings in Paris between Rococo and Romanticism," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(1), pages 28-50, February.
- Spaenjers, Christophe & Goetzmann, William N. & Mamonova, Elena, 2015. "The economics of aesthetics and record prices for art since 1701," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 79-94.
- Francesco Angelini & Massimiliano Castellani, 2017. "Understanding the artwork pricing: some theoretical models," Working Paper series 17-25, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Mar 2018.
More about this item
KeywordsAuctions; economics of art; price guarantees; toeholds in auctions;
- Z11 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economics of the Arts and Literature
- Z18 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Public Policy
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:brd:wpaper:71. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Leslie Yancich). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/gsbraus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.