Capital Utilisation and Retirement
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Bitros, George C. & Hritonenko, Natali & Yatsenko, Yuri, 2007. "Investment, replacement and scrapping in a vintage capital model with embodied technological change," MPRA Paper 3619, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James H. Stock & Motohiro Yogo, 2002. "Testing for Weak Instruments in Linear IV Regression," NBER Technical Working Papers 0284, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Jörn-Steffen Pischke, 2009. "Mostly Harmless Econometrics: An Empiricist's Companion," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8769.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1997.
"Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(3), pages 557-586, May.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1994. "Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments," NBER Technical Working Papers 0151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jorgenson, Dale W, 1996.
"Empirical Studies of Depreciation,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(1), pages 24-42, January.
- Jorgenson, D.W., 1994. "Empirical Studies of Depriciation," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1704, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Greenwood, Jeremy & Hercowitz, Zvi & Huffman, Gregory W, 1988. "Investment, Capacity Utilization, and the Real Business Cycle," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(3), pages 402-417, June.
- Burnside, Craig & Eichenbaum, Martin, 1996.
"Factor-Hoarding and the Propagation of Business-Cycle Shocks,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1154-1174, December.
- Craig Burnside & Martin Eichenbaum, 1994. "Factor Hoarding and the Propagation of Business Cycles Shocks," NBER Working Papers 4675, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mairesse, Jacques & Dormont, Brigitte, 1985.
"Labor and investment demand at the firm level : A comparison of French, German and U.S. manufacturing, 1970-79,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 201-231.
- Jacques Mairesse & Brigitte Dormont, 1985. "Labor and Investment Demand at the Firm Level: A Comparison of French, German and U.S. Manufacturing, 1970-79," NBER Working Papers 1554, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alfonso Flores-Lagunes, 2007. "Finite sample evidence of IV estimators under weak instruments," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(3), pages 677-694.
- Jinyong Hahn & Jerry Hausman & Guido Kuersteiner, 2004. "Estimation with weak instruments: Accuracy of higher-order bias and MSE approximations," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 7(1), pages 272-306, June.
- Marcelo L. Veracierto, 2002.
"Plant-Level Irreversible Investment and Equilibrium Business Cycles,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 181-197, March.
- Marcelo Veracierto, 1997. "Plant level irreversible investment and equilibrium business cycles," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 115, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Marcelo Veracierto, 1998. "Plant level irreversible investment and equilibrium business cycles," Working Paper Series WP-98-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Bond, Stephen & Van Reenen, John, 2007. "Microeconometric Models of Investment and Employment," Handbook of Econometrics,in: J.J. Heckman & E.E. Leamer (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 6, chapter 65 Elsevier.
- Blundell, Richard & Bond, Stephen, 1998.
"Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 115-143, August.
- R Blundell & Steven Bond, "undated". "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data model," Economics Papers W14&104., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Richard Blundell & Stephen Bond, 1995. "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models," IFS Working Papers W95/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Blundell, R. & Bond, S., 1995. "Initial Conditions and Moment Restrictions in Dynamic Panel Data Models," Economics Papers 104, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588, January.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197, January.
- Iain Cockburn & Murray Frank, 1992. "Market Conditions and Retirement of Physical Capital: Evidence fron Oil Tankers," NBER Working Papers 4194, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cragg, John G. & Donald, Stephen G., 1993. "Testing Identifiability and Specification in Instrumental Variable Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(02), pages 222-240, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Valérie Chouard & Daniel Fuentes Castro & Delphine Irac & Matthieu Lemoine, 2014.
"Assessing the losses in euro area potential productivity due to the financial crisis,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(23), pages 2711-2720, August.
- Chouard, V. & Fuentes Castro, D. & Irac, D. & Lemoine, M., 2013. "Assessing the losses in euro area potential productivity due to the financial crisis," Working papers 468, Banque de France.
- Antonio Garofalo & R. Plasman & Concetto Paolo Vinci, 2000. "Reducing Working Time In An Efficiency Wage Economy With A Dual Labour Market," Working Papers 7_2000, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Fabrice Gilles, 2015.
"Evaluating the Impact of a Working Time Regulation on Capital Operating Time: The French 35-hour Work Week Experience,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 62(2), pages 117-148, May.
- Fabrice Gilles, 2014. "Evaluating the impact of a working time regulation on capital operating time. The French 35-hour work week experience," Working Papers hal-01006765, HAL.
- Antonio Garofalo & Concetto Paolo Vinci, 2000.
"Employment, capital operating time and efficiency wages hypothesis: is there any room for worksharing,"
Brussels Economic Review,
ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 168, pages 397-442.
- Antonio Garofalo & Concetto Paolo Vinci, 2000. "Employment, Capital Operating Time And Efficiency Wages Hypothesis: Is There Any Room For Worksharing?," Working Papers 4_2000, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Bergeaud, A. & Cette, G. & Lecat, R., 2015.
"Productivity trends from 1890 to 2012 in advanced countries,"
Rue de la Banque,
Banque de France, issue 07, June..
- Bergeaud, A. & Cette, G. & Lecat, R., 2014. "Productivity trends from 1890 to 2012 in advanced countries," Working papers 475, Banque de France.
- Joseph Lanfranchi & John Treble, 2010. "Just-In-Time Production, Work Organization And Absence Control," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 78(5), pages 460-483, September.
- Gilbert Cette & Yusuf Kocoglu & Arnaud Sylvain, 2007. "Flexibilité organisationnelle et utilisation des facteurs de production. Une comparaison européenne," Revue de l'OFCE, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 101(2), pages 315-332.
- Michalis Nikiforos, 2012. "On the Utilization Controversy: A Theoretical and Empirical Discussion of the Kaleckian Model of Growth and Distribution," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_739, Levy Economics Institute.
- Alizadeh, Amir H. & Strandenes, Siri Pettersen & Thanopoulou, Helen, 2016. "Capacity retirement in the dry bulk market: A vessel based logit model," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 28-42.
More about this item
KeywordsCapital; Capital measure; Capital retirement; Capital utilisation.;
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2011-09-22 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2011-09-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2011-09-22 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2011-09-22 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bfr:banfra:343. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael brassart). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bdfgvfr.html .