Flexibilité organisationnelle et utilisation des facteurs de production. Une comparaison européenne
This study compares the use of flexible working patterns in four European countries. In particular, working patterns that lead to a decoupling of working time and operating time are considered. The analysis is based on logistical regressions performed on individual data from the 2003 European Capital Operating Time and Work and Employment (EUCOWE) survey. The comparison covers France, Germany, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands. All other things being equal, the use of flexible working patterns differs greatly between countries. Germany and the United Kingdom appear to be more flexible than France and the Netherlands. In these latter countries, this may highlight the need to reduce rigidities in the labour market so as to make the decoupling of working time and operating time easier. JEL codes: D23, J29, L23.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joseph Lanfranchi & Henry Ohlsson & Ali Skalli, 2004. "Action collective et différences compensatrices : le cas des travailleurs masculins à horaires atypiques," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 164(3), pages 57-79.
- Shapiro, Matthew D, 1993. "Cyclical Productivity and the Workweek of Capital," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 229-33, May.
- Antoine Bonleu & Gilbert Cette & Guillaume Horny, 2013.
"Capital utilization and retirement,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(24), pages 3483-3494, August.
- Gilbert Cette, 1989. "Recours au travail posté et caractéristiques des entreprises," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 87(1), pages 43-48.
- Dominique Taddéi & Gilbert Cette, 1995. "Durée d'utilisation des équipements industriels : mesure et éléments de comparaison internationale," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 287(1), pages 27-36.
- Derek Bosworth & Dominique Taddei & Gerhard Bosch & Dominique Anxo & Gilbert Cette & Thomas Sterner, 1995. "Horaires de travail et durée d'utilisation des équipements : quelques aspects théoriques," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 287(1), pages 37-43.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cai:reofsp:reof_101_0315. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.