The role of unions in an endogenous growth model with human capital
In this paper we study the relationship between unions and growth in a two-sector overlapping generations model with altruism and human capital. This relationship depends on the interaction between the technology in the sector that produces human capital, the degree of unionization of the economy and the operativeness of the bequest motive.
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Espai de Recerca en Economia, Facultat de CiÃ¨ncies EconÃ²miques. Tinent Coronel Valenzuela, Num 1-11 08034 Barcelona. Spain.|
Phone: +34 93 402 43 13cazza
Web page: http://www.ere.ub.es
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eckstein, Zvi & Zilcha, Itzhak, 1994.
"The effects of compulsory schooling on growth, income distribution and welfare,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 339-359, July.
- Eckstein, Z. & Zilcha, I., 1991. "The Effects of Compulsury Schooling on Growth Income Distribution and Welfare," Papers 38-91, Tel Aviv.
- Zvi Eckstein & Itzhak Zilcha, 1991. "The Effects of Compulsory Schooling on Growth, Income Distribution and Welfare," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 20, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Caballe, Jordi, 1998. "Growth Effects of Taxation under Altruism and Low Elasticity of Intertemporal Substitution," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(446), pages 92-104, January.
- Caballe, Jordi, 1995.
"Endogenous Growth, Human Capital, and Bequests in a Life-Cycle Model,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 156-81, January.
- Caballe, J., 1991. "Endogeneous Growth, Human Capital and Bequests in a Life-Cycle Model," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 158.91, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Stinebrickner, Todd R., 1998. "An Empirical Investigation of Teacher Attrition," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 127-136, April.
- Glomm, Gerhard & Ravikumar, B, 1992. "Public versus Private Investment in Human Capital Endogenous Growth and Income Inequality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(4), pages 818-34, August.
- Zhang, Jie, 1996. " Optimal Public Investments in Education and Endogenous Growth," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 98(3), pages 387-404.
- Robert J. Flanagan, 1999. "Macroeconomic Performance and Collective Bargaining: An International Perspective," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(3), pages 1150-1175, September.
- Barro, Robert J., 1974.
"Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?,"
3451399, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- de la Croix, David & Licandro, Omar, 1995. " Underemployment, Irreversibilities and Growth under Trade Unionism," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 97(3), pages 385-99, September.
- van Schaik, A.B.T.M. & de Groot, H.L.F., 1995.
"Unemployment and endogenous growth,"
1995-75, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Casey B. Mulligan & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1993. "Transitional Dynamics in Two-Sector Models of Endogenous Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 739-773.
- Bean, Charles & Pissarides, Christopher, 1993.
"Unemployment, consumption and growth,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 837-854, May.
- Philippe Aghion & Peter Howitt, 1994.
"Growth and Unemployment,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 61(3), pages 477-494.
- Zweimuller, Josef & Barth, Erling, 1992.
"Bargaining Structure, Wage Determination, and Wage Dispersion in 6 OECD-Countries,"
Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series
qt5hk5x5hk, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Zweimuller, Josef & Barth, Erling, 1994. "Bargaining Structure, Wage Determination, and Wage Dispersion in 6 OECD Countries," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 81-93.
- Acemoglu, Daron, 1997.
"Technology, unemployment and efficiency,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 525-533, April.
- Card, David, 1996. "The Effect of Unions on the Structure of Wages: A Longitudinal Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 957-79, July.
- Barth, Erling & Zweimuller, Josef, 1995. " Relative Wages under Decentralized and Corporatist Bargaining Systems," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 97(3), pages 369-84, September.
- Ulph, A. M. & Ulph, D. T., 1994. "Labour markets and innovation: Ex-post bargaining," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 195-210, January.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bar:bedcje:199957. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Espai de Recerca en Economia)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.