G-consistent price system and bid-ask pricing for European contingent claims under Knightian uncertainty
The target of this paper is to consider model the risky asset price on the financial market under the Knightian uncertainty, and pricing the ask and bid prices of the uncertain risk. We use the nonlinear analysis tool, i.e., G-frame work , to construct the model of the risky asset price and bid-ask pricing for the European contingent claims under Knightian uncertain financial market. Firstly, we consider the basic risky asset price model on the uncertain financial market, which we construct here is the model with drift uncertain and volatility uncertain. We describe such model by using generalized G-Brownian motion and call it as G-asset price system. We present the uncertain risk premium which is uncertain and distributed with maximum distribution. We derive the closed form of bid-ask price of the European contingent claim against the underlying risky asset with G-asset price system as the discounted conditional G-expecation of the claim, and the bid and ask prices are the viscosity solutions to the nonlinear HJB equations.Furthermore, we consider the main part of this paper, i.e., consider the risky asset on the Knightian uncertain financial market with the price fluctuation shows as continuous trajectories. We propose the G-conditional full support condition by using uncertain capacity, and the risky asset price path satisfying the G-conditional full support condition could be approximated by its G-consistent asset price systems. We derive that the bid and ask prices of the European contingent claim against such risky asset under uncertain can be expressed by discounted of some conditional G-expectation of the claim. We give examples, such as G-Markovian processes and the geometric fractional G-Brownian motion , satisfying the G-conditional full support condition.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bekaert, Geert & Hoerova, Marie & Lo Duca, Marco, 2013.
"Risk, uncertainty and monetary policy,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(7), pages 771-788.
- Bekaert, Geert & Hoerova, Marie & Lo Duca, Marco, 2013. "Risk, uncertainty and monetary policy," Working Paper Series 1565, European Central Bank.
- Geert Bekaert & Marie Hoerova & Marco Lo Duca, 2010. "Risk, Uncertainty and Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 16397, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bekaert, Geert & Hoerova, Marie & Lo Duca, Marco, 2010. "Risk, Uncertainty and Monetary Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 8154, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Geert Bekaert & Marie Hoerova & Marco Lo Duca, 2012. "Risk, uncertainty and monetary policy," Working Paper Research 229, National Bank of Belgium.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Nicholas Bloom, 2009.
"The Impact of Uncertainty Shocks,"
Econometric Society, vol. 77(3), pages 623-685, 05.
- Ball, Clifford A. & Roma, Antonio, 1994. "Stochastic Volatility Option Pricing," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(04), pages 589-607, December.
- Robert C. Merton, 1973.
"Theory of Rational Option Pricing,"
Bell Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 4(1), pages 141-183, Spring.
- Xavier Gabaix, 2008.
"Variable Rare Disasters: An Exactly Solved Framework for Ten Puzzles in Macro-Finance,"
NBER Working Papers
13724, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Xavier Gabaix, 2012. "Variable Rare Disasters: An Exactly Solved Framework for Ten Puzzles in Macro-Finance," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 127(2), pages 645-700.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1983. "Irreversibility, Uncertainty, and Cyclical Investment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(1), pages 85-106.
- Frey, Rüdiger, 1997. "Derivative Asset Analysis in Models with Level-Dependent and Stochastic Volatility," Discussion Paper Serie B 401, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Wei Chen, 2013. "Fractional G-White Noise Theory, Wavelet Decomposition for Fractional G-Brownian Motion, and Bid-Ask Pricing Application to Finance Under Uncertainty," Papers 1306.4070, arXiv.org.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1308.6256. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.