Multi-dimensional G-Brownian motion and related stochastic calculus under G-expectation
We develop a notion of nonlinear expectation-G-expectation-generated by a nonlinear heat equation with infinitesimal generator G. We first study multi-dimensional G-normal distributions. With this nonlinear distribution we can introduce our G-expectation under which the canonical process is a multi-dimensional G-Brownian motion. We then establish the related stochastic calculus, especially stochastic integrals of Itô's type with respect to our G-Brownian motion, and derive the related Itô's formula. We have also obtained the existence and uniqueness of stochastic differential equations under our G-expectation.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 118 (2008)
Issue (Month): 12 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description |
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Zengjing Chen & Larry Epstein, 2002.
"Ambiguity, Risk, and Asset Returns in Continuous Time,"
Econometric Society, vol. 70(4), pages 1403-1443, July.
- Zengjing Chen & Larry G. Epstein, 2000. "Ambiguity, risk and asset returns in continuous time," RCER Working Papers 474, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Chen, Zengjing & Peng, Shige, 2000. "A general downcrossing inequality for g-martingales," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 169-175, January.
- T. J. Lyons, 1995. "Uncertain volatility and the risk-free synthesis of derivatives," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(2), pages 117-133.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spapps:v:118:y:2008:i:12:p:2223-2253. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.