Multi-dimensional G-Brownian motion and related stochastic calculus under G-expectation
We develop a notion of nonlinear expectation-G-expectation-generated by a nonlinear heat equation with infinitesimal generator G. We first study multi-dimensional G-normal distributions. With this nonlinear distribution we can introduce our G-expectation under which the canonical process is a multi-dimensional G-Brownian motion. We then establish the related stochastic calculus, especially stochastic integrals of Itô's type with respect to our G-Brownian motion, and derive the related Itô's formula. We have also obtained the existence and uniqueness of stochastic differential equations under our G-expectation.
Volume (Year): 118 (2008)
Issue (Month): 12 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zengjing Chen & Larry G. Epstein, 2000.
"Ambiguity, risk and asset returns in continuous time,"
RCER Working Papers
474, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Zengjing Chen & Larry Epstein, 2002. "Ambiguity, Risk, and Asset Returns in Continuous Time," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(4), pages 1403-1443, July.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Chen, Zengjing & Peng, Shige, 2000. "A general downcrossing inequality for g-martingales," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 169-175, January.
- T. J. Lyons, 1995. "Uncertain volatility and the risk-free synthesis of derivatives," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(2), pages 117-133.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spapps:v:118:y:2008:i:12:p:2223-2253. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.