Coherent price systems and uncertainty-neutral valuation
We consider fundamental questions of arbitrage pricing arising when the uncertainty model incorporates volatility uncertainty. The resulting ambiguity motivates a new principle of preference-free valuation. By establishing a microeconomic foundation of sublinear price systems, the principle of ambiguity-neutral valuation imposes the novel concept of equivalent symmetric martingale measures. Such measures exist when the asset price with uncertain volatility is driven by Peng's G-Brownian motion.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.imw.uni-bielefeld.de/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Epstein, Larry G & Zhang, Jiankang, 2001.
"Subjective Probabilities on Subjectively Unambiguous Events,"
Econometric Society, vol. 69(2), pages 265-306, March.
- Larry G. Epstein & Jiankang Zhang, 1999. "Subjective Probabilities on Subjectively Unambiguous Events," Carleton Economic Papers 99-18, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-43.
- Larry G. Epstein & Martin Schneider, 2010.
"Ambiguity and Asset Markets,"
Annual Review of Financial Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 2(1), pages 315-346, December.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00470670 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paolo Guasoni & Miklós Rásonyi & Walter Schachermayer, 2010. "The fundamental theorem of asset pricing for continuous processes under small transaction costs," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 157-191, March.
- Cerreia-Vioglio, Simone & Maccheroni, Fabio & Marinacci, Massimo & Montrucchio, Luigi, 2013.
"Ambiguity and robust statistics,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 148(3), pages 974-1049.
- Aloisio Araujo & Alain Chateauneuf & José Faro, 2012. "Pricing rules and Arrow–Debreu ambiguous valuation," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 1-35, January.
- Kallal, Hedi & Jouini, Elyès, 1995. "Martingales and arbitrage in securities markets with transaction costs," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5630, Paris Dauphine University.
- repec:fth:inseep:9513 is not listed on IDEAS
- Harrison, J. Michael & Kreps, David M., 1979. "Martingales and arbitrage in multiperiod securities markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 381-408, June.
- Jouini Elyes & Kallal Hedi, 1995. "Martingales and Arbitrage in Securities Markets with Transaction Costs," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 178-197, June.
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Tourky, Rabee & Yannelis, Nicholas C., 2001. "A Theory of Value with Non-linear Prices: Equilibrium Analysis beyond Vector Lattices," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 22-72, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bie:wpaper:464. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dr. Frederik Herzberg)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.