Location of logistics companies: A stated preference study to disentangle the impact of accessibility
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Simona Bolis & Rico Maggi, 2003. "Logistics Strategy and Transport Service Choices: An Adaptive Stated Preference Experiment," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(4), pages 490-504.
- Isabelle Thomas & Jean-Pierre Hermia & Thierry Vanelslander & Ann Verhetsel, 2003. "Accessibility to freight transport networks in Belgium: a geographical approach," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 94(4), pages 424-438, September.
- John M. Rose & Michiel C. J. Bliemer, 2008. "Constructing Efficient Stated Choice Experimental Designs," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(5), pages 587-617, October.
- Bliemer, Michiel C.J. & Rose, John M., 2010. "Construction of experimental designs for mixed logit models allowing for correlation across choice observations," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 44(6), pages 720-734, July.
- KESSELS, Roselinde & BRADLEY, Jones & GOOS, Peter, 2012. "A comparison of partial profile designs for discrete choice experiments with an application in software development," Working Papers 2012004, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Guido Vonk & Stan Geertman & Paul Schot, 2005. "Bottlenecks blocking widespread usage of planning support systems," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 37(5), pages 909-924, May.
- Krugman, Paul & Elizondo, Raul Livas, 1996. "Trade policy and the Third World metropolis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 137-150, April.
- Peter Hall & Markus Hesse & Jean-Paul Rodrigue, 2006. "Reexploring the interface between economic and transport geography," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 38(8), pages 1401-1408, August.
- Dietrich Earnhart, 2001. "Combining Revealed and Stated Preference Methods to Value Environmental Amenities at Residential Locations," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 77(1), pages 12-29.
- Fujita, Masahisa & Ogawa, Hideaki, 1982. "Multiple equilibria and structural transition of non-monocentric urban configurations," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 161-196, May.
- Hong, Junjie, 2007. "Transport and the location of foreign logistics firms: The Chinese experience," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 597-609, July.
- Fujita,Masahisa, 1991. "Urban Economic Theory," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521396455, April.
- Hayashi, Yoshitsugu & Isobe, Tomohiko & Tomita, Yasuo, 1986. "Modelling the long-term effects of transport and land use policies on industrial locational behaviour : A discrete choice model system," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 123-143, February.
- Markus Hesse, 2004. "Land For Logistics: Locational Dynamics, Real Estate Markets And Political Regulation Of Regional Distribution Complexes," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 95(2), pages 162-173, April.
- Leitham, Scott & McQuaid, Ronald W. & D. Nelson, John, 2000. "The influence of transport on industrial location choice: a stated preference experiment," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 515-535, September.
- Kessels, Roselinde & Jones, Bradley & Goos, Peter & Vandebroek, Martina, 2009. "An Efficient Algorithm for Constructing Bayesian Optimal Choice Designs," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 27(2), pages 279-291.
- Button, Kenneth J. & Lietham, Scott & McQuaid, Ronald W. & Nelson, John D., 1995. "Transport and Industrial and Commercial Location," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 29(2), pages 189-206, May.
- Jose Vassallo & Mark Fagan, 2007. "Nature or nurture: why do railroads carry greater freight share in the United States than in Europe?," Transportation, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 177-193, March.
- Kessels, Roselinde & Goos, Peter & Vandebroek, Martina, 2008. "Optimal designs for conjoint experiments," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 2369-2387, January.
- Hong, Junjie & CHIN, Anthony T.H., 2007. "Modeling the location choices of foreign investments in Chinese logistics industry," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 425-437.
- Beckmann, Martin J., 1973. "Equilibrium models of residential land use," Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 361-368, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Palhazi Cuervo, Daniel & Kessels, Roselinde & Goos, Peter & Sörensen, Kenneth, 2016.
"An integrated algorithm for the optimal design of stated choice experiments with partial profiles,"
Transportation Research Part B: Methodological,
Elsevier, vol. 93(PA), pages 648-669.
- CUERVO, Daniel Palhazi & KESSELS, Roselinde & GOOS, Peter & SÖRENSEN, Kenneth, 2015. "An integrated algorithm for the optimal design of stated choice experiments with partial profiles," Working Papers 2015004, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Holl, Adelheid & Mariotti, Ilaria, 2016. "The geography of logistics firm location: the role of accessibility," Working Papers 16_2, SIET Società Italiana di Economia dei Trasporti e della Logistica.
More about this item
KeywordsLogistics; Accessibility; Transport geography; Discrete choice modeling; Belgium;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2013-10-18 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-TRE-2013-10-18 (Transport Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ant:wpaper:2013024. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joeri Nys). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ftufsbe.html .