Modeling the location choices of foreign investments in Chinese logistics industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Markusen, James & Rutherford, Thomas F. & Tarr, David, 2000.
"Foreign direct investment in services and the domestic market for expertise,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2413, The World Bank.
- James R. Markusen & Thomas F. Rutherford & David Tarr, 2000. "Foreign Direct Investments in Services and the Domestic Market for Expertise," NBER Working Papers 7700, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Canfei He, 2003.
"Location of foreign manufacturers in China: Agglomeration economies and country of origin effects,"
Economics of Governance,
Springer, vol. 82(3), pages 351-372, September.
- Canfei He, 2003. "Location of foreign manufacturers in China: Agglomeration economies and country of origin effects," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 82(3), pages 351-372, September.
- Rivera-Batiz, Francisco L., 1988. "Increasing returns, monopolistic competition, and agglomeration economies in consumption and production," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 125-153, February.
- Oum, Tae Hoon & Park, Jong-Hun, 2004. "Multinational firms' location preference for regional distribution centers: focus on the Northeast Asian region," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 101-121, March.
- Gao, Ting, 2005. "Labor quality and the location of foreign direct investment: Evidence from China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 274-292.
- Head, Keith & Ries, John, 1996. "Inter-City Competition for Foreign Investment: Static and Dynamic Effects of China's Incentive Areas," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 38-60, July.
- Coughlin, Cletus C & Terza, Joseph V & Arromdee, Vachira, 1991. "State Characteristics and the Location of Foreign Direct Investment within the United States," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(4), pages 675-683, November.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Kevin Honglin Zhang, 2001. "What Attracts Foreign Multinational Corporations To China?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(3), pages 336-346, July.
- Tisdell, Clem & Wen, Jie, 1991. "Investment in China's tourism industry: Its scale, nature, and policy issues," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 175-193.
- Guimaraes, Paulo & Figueiredo, Octavio & Woodward, Douglas, 2000. "Agglomeration and the Location of Foreign Direct Investment in Portugal," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 115-135, January.
- Honglin Zhang, Kevin, 2005. "Why does so much FDI from Hong Kong and Taiwan go to Mainland China?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 293-307.
- Cheng, Leonard K. & Kwan, Yum K., 2000. "What are the determinants of the location of foreign direct investment? The Chinese experience," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 379-400, August.
- Smith Jr. , Donald F. & Florida Richard, 1994. "Agglomeration and Industrial Location: An Econometric Analysis of Japanese-Affiliated Manufacturing Establishments in Automotive-Related Industries," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 23-41, July.
- Chien-Hsun Chen, 1996. "Regional determinants of foreign direct investment in mainland China," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 23(2), pages 18-30, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chan, M.W. Luke & Hou, Keqiang & Li, Xing & Mountain, Dean C., 2014. "Foreign direct investment and its determinants: A regional panel causality analysis," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 579-589.
- Holl, Adelheid & Mariotti, Ilaria, 2016. "The geography of logistics firm location: the role of accessibility," Working Papers 16_2, SIET Società Italiana di Economia dei Trasporti e della Logistica.
- George E. Halkos & Nickolaos G. Tzeremes, 2011. "Growth and environmental pollution: empirical evidence from China," Journal of Chinese Economic and Foreign Trade Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(3), pages 144-157, October.
- Nan Jing & Wenxue Cai, 2010. "Analysis on the spatial distribution of logistics industry in the developed East Coast Area in China," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 45(2), pages 331-350, October.
- VERHETSEL, Ann & KESSELS, Roselinde & BLOMME, Nele & CANT, Jeroen & GOOS, Peter, 2013. "Location of logistics companies: A stated preference study to disentangle the impact of accessibility," Working Papers 2013024, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:chieco:v:18:y:2007:i:4:p:425-437. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/chieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.