The Location Decisions of Foreign Logistics Firms in China : Does Transport Network Capacity Matter?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Anthony Chin & Hong Junjie, 2005. "The Location Decisions of Foreign Logistics Firms in China: Does Transport Network Capacity Matter?," SCAPE Policy Research Working Paper Series 0509, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics, SCAPE.
References listed on IDEAS
- Guimaraes, Paulo & Figueiredo, Octavio & Woodward, Douglas, 2000. "Agglomeration and the Location of Foreign Direct Investment in Portugal," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 115-135, January.
- Canfei He, 2002. "Information costs, agglomeration economies and the location of foreign direct investment in China1," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 1029-1036.
- Bartik, Timothy J, 1985. "Business Location Decisions in the United States: Estimates of the Effects of Unionization, Taxes, and Other Characteristics of States," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 3(1), pages 14-22, January.
- Canfei He, 2003. "Location of foreign manufacturers in China: Agglomeration economies and country of origin effects," Economics of Governance, Springer, pages 351-372.
- Canfei He, 2003. "Location of foreign manufacturers in China: Agglomeration economies and country of origin effects," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, pages 351-372.
- Yingqi Wei & Xiaming Liu & David Parker & Kirit Vaidya, 1999. "The Regional Distribution of Foreign Direct Investment in China," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 857-867.
- Cheng, Leonard K. & Kwan, Yum K., 2000. "What are the determinants of the location of foreign direct investment? The Chinese experience," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, pages 379-400.
- Leitham, Scott & McQuaid, Ronald W. & D. Nelson, John, 2000. "The influence of transport on industrial location choice: a stated preference experiment," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 515-535, September.
- Carlton, Dennis W, 1983. "The Location and Employment Choices of New Firms: An Econometric Model with Discrete and Continuous Endogenous Variables," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, pages 440-449.
- Chunlai Chen, 2011. "Foreign Direct Investment in China," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14100, September.
- Button, Kenneth J. & Lietham, Scott & McQuaid, Ronald W. & Nelson, John D., 1995. "Transport and Industrial and Commercial Location," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, pages 189-206.
- Head, C. Keith & Ries, John C. & Swenson, Deborah L., 1999. "Attracting foreign manufacturing: Investment promotion and agglomeration," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 197-218, March.
- Smith Jr. , Donald F. & Florida Richard, 1994. "Agglomeration and Industrial Location: An Econometric Analysis of Japanese-Affiliated Manufacturing Establishments in Automotive-Related Industries," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 23-41, July.
- J J Boddewyn & Marsha Baldwin Halbrich & A C Perry, 1986. "Service Multinationals: Conceptualization, Measurement and Theory," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, pages 41-57.
- Hayashi, Yoshitsugu & Isobe, Tomohiko & Tomita, Yasuo, 1986. "Modelling the long-term effects of transport and land use policies on industrial locational behaviour : A discrete choice model system," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 123-143, February.
- Head, Keith & Ries, John, 1996. "Inter-City Competition for Foreign Investment: Static and Dynamic Effects of China's Incentive Areas," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 38-60, July.
- Cletus C. Coughlin & Eran Segev, 2000.
"Foreign Direct Investment in China: A Spatial Econometric Study,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Cletus C. Coughlin & Eran Segev, 1999. "Foreign direct investment in China: a spatial econometric study," Working Papers 1999-001, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Coughlin, Cletus C & Terza, Joseph V & Arromdee, Vachira, 1991.
"State Characteristics and the Location of Foreign Direct Investment within the United States,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, pages 675-683.
- Dennis Hoffman & Robert H. Rasche, 1989. "Long-run Income and Interest Elasticities of Money Demand in the United States," NBER Working Papers 2949, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chien-Hsun Chen, 1996. "Regional determinants of foreign direct investment in mainland China," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 23(2), pages 18-30, May.
- Haishun Sun & Ashok Parikh, 2001. "Exports, Inward Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) and Regional Economic Growth in China," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 187-196.
- Ronald McQuaid & Scott Leitham & John Nelson, 1996. "Accessibility and Location Decisions in a Peripheral Region of Europe: A Logit Analysis," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 579-588.
- Daniel McFadden, 1977. "Modelling the Choice of Residential Location," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 477, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- John H Dunning, 1998. "Location and the Multinational Enterprise: A Neglected Factor?," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, pages 45-66.
More about this item
Keywordslogistics; transport infrastructure; investment;
- H54 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Infrastructures
- P33 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - International Trade, Finance, Investment, Relations, and Aid
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eab:tradew:22568. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shiro Armstrong). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaberau.html .