Deforestation, Growth And Agglomeration Effects: Evidence From Agriculture In The Brazilian Amazon
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Danilo Igliori, 2008. "Deforestation, Growth and Agglomeration Effects: Evidence from Agriculture in the Brazilian Amazon," Environmental Economy and Policy Research Working Papers 29.2008, University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economics, revised 2008.
- Danilo Igliori, 2006. "Deforestation, Growth and Agglomeration Effects: Evidence From Agriculture in the Brazilian Amazon," ERSA conference papers ersa06p719, European Regional Science Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Danny Quah, 2002. "Spatial Agglomeration Dynamics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 247-252, May.
- Alex Anas & Richard Arnott & Kenneth A. Small, 1998.
"Urban Spatial Structure,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 36(3), pages 1426-1464, September.
- Anas, Alex & Arnott, Richard & Small, Kenneth A., 1997. "Urban Spatial Structure," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt835049q3, University of California Transportation Center.
- Richard Arnott & Alex Anas & Kenneth Small, 1997. "Urban Spatial Structure," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 388., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Robert T. Deacon, 1994. "Deforestation and the Rule of Law in a Cross-Section of Countries," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 70(4), pages 414-430.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Florax, Raymond & Folmer, Henk, 1992.
"Specification and estimation of spatial linear regression models : Monte Carlo evaluation of pre-test estimators,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 405-432, September.
- Florax, R. & Folmer, H., 1991. "Specification and Estimation of Spatial Linear Regression Models: Monte Carlo Evaluation of Pre-Test Estimator," Mansholt Working Papers 1991-4, Wageningen University, Mansholt Graduate School of Social Sciences.
- Glaeser, Edward L & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1992.
"Growth in Cities,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(6), pages 1126-1152, December.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1991. "Growth in Cities," NBER Working Papers 3787, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glaeser, Edward Ludwig & Kallal, Hedi D. & Scheinkman, Jose A. & Shleifer, Andrei, 1992. "Growth in Cities," Scholarly Articles 3451309, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- J. Vernon Henderson, 2000. "The Effects of Urban Concentration on Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 7503, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deichmann, Uwe & Henderson, Vernon, 2000. "Urban and regional dynamics in Poland," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2457, The World Bank.
- Kelejian, Harry H & Prucha, Ingmar R, 1998.
"A Generalized Spatial Two-Stage Least Squares Procedure for Estimating a Spatial Autoregressive Model with Autoregressive Disturbances,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 99-121, July.
- Harry H. Kelejian & Ingmar R. Prucha, 1997. "A Generalized Spatial Two Stage Least Squares Procedure for Estimating a Spatial Autoregressive Model with Autoregressive Disturbances," Electronic Working Papers 97-002, University of Maryland, Department of Economics, revised Aug 1997.
- Jacques-François Thisse & Tanguy van Ypersele, 1999.
"The Challenge Raised by Metropolitisation and Fiscal Competition in Economic Development,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(9), pages 1201-1220, December.
- THISSE, Jacques-François & VAN YPERSELE, Tanguy, 1999. "The challenge raised by metropolisation and fiscal competition in economic development," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1426, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Walker, Robert & Moran, Emilio & Anselin, Luc, 2000. "Deforestation and Cattle Ranching in the Brazilian Amazon: External Capital and Household Processes," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 683-699, April.
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2004.
"Micro-foundations of urban agglomeration economies,"
Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: J. V. Henderson & J. F. Thisse (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 48, pages 2063-2117
- Giles Duranton & Diego Puga, 2003. "Micro-Foundations of Urban Agglomeration Economies," NBER Working Papers 9931, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2003. "Microfoundations of Urban Agglomeration Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 4062, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Williamson, Jeffrey G., 1988. "Migration and urbanization," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 11, pages 425-465 Elsevier.
- Baldwin, Richard E. & Martin, Philippe, 2004. "Agglomeration and regional growth," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: J. V. Henderson & J. F. Thisse (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 60, pages 2671-2711 Elsevier.
- Lykke E. Andersen & Eustáquio J. Reis, 2015. "Deforestation, Development, and Government Policy in the Brazilian Amazon: an Econometric Analysis," Discussion Papers 0069, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Cropper, Maureen & Griffiths, Charles, 1994. "The Interaction of Population Growth and Environmental Quality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 250-254, May.
- Barbier, E B & Burgess, J C, 2001. " The Economics of Tropical Deforestation," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 413-433, July.
- Chomitz, Kenneth M. & Thomas, Timothy S., 2001. "Geographic patterns of land use and land intensity in the Brazilian Amazon," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2687, The World Bank.
- Bernard Fingleton & Danilo Igliori & Barry Moore, 2005. "Cluster Dynamics: New Evidence and Projections for Computing Services in Great Britain," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(2), pages 283-311.
- Pfaff, Alexander S. P., 1999. "What Drives Deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon?: Evidence from Satellite and Socioeconomic Data," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 26-43, January.
- Andersen,Lykke E. & Granger,Clive W. J. & Reis,Eustaquio J. & Weinhold,Diana & Wunder,Sven, 2002. "The Dynamics of Deforestation and Economic Growth in the Brazilian Amazon," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521811972, April.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sonia SCHWARTZ & Jean Galbert ONGONO OLINGA & Eric Nazindigouba KERE & Pascale COMBES MOTEL & Jean-Louis COMBES & Johanna CHOUMERT & Ariane Manuela AMIN, 2014.
"A spatial econometric approach to spillover effects between protected areas and deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon,"
- Ariane Manuela Amin & Johanna Choumert & Jean-Louis Combes & Pascale Combes Motel & Eric Nazindigouba Kere & Jean Galbert Ongono Olinga & Sonia Schwartz, 2015. "A spatial econometric approach to spillover effects between protected areas and deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon," Working Papers halshs-00960476, HAL.
- David Wheeler, Robin Kraft, Dan Hammer, 2011. " Forest Clearing in the Pantropics: December 2005–August 2011- Working Paper 283," Working Papers 283, Center for Global Development.
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Hammer, Dan & Kraft, Robin & Wheeler, David, 2014.
"Vyāghranomics in space and time: Estimating habitat threats for Bengal, Indochinese, Malayan and Sumatran tigers,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 433-453.
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Hammer, Dan & Kraft, Robin & Wheeler, David, 2012. "Vyaghranomics in space and time : estimating habitat threats for Bengal, Indochinese, Malayan and Sumatran tigers," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6212, The World Bank.
- Wheeler, David & Hammer, Dan & Kraft, Robin & Dasgupta, Susmita & Blankespoor, Brian, 2013.
"Economic dynamics and forest clearing: A spatial econometric analysis for Indonesia,"
Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 85-96.
- David Wheeler & Dan Hammer & Robin Kraft & Susmita Dasgupta & Brian Blankespoor, 2011. "Economic Dynamics and Forest Clearing: A Spatial Econometric Analysis for Indonesia," Working Papers id:4672, eSocialSciences.
- David Wheeler, Dan Hammer, Robin Kraft, 2011. " From REDD to Green: A Global Incentive System to Stop Tropical Forest Clearing- Working Paper 282," Working Papers 282, Center for Global Development.
- Damania,Richard & Wheeler,David J., 2015. "Road improvement and deforestation in the Congo Basin countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7274, The World Bank.
More about this item
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
- R4 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2006-12-04 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2006-12-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2006-12-04 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2006-12-04 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-LAM-2006-12-04 (Central & South America)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:anp:en2006:102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rodrigo Zadra Armond). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/anpecea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.