Who Has Time To Cook? How Family Resources Influence Food Preparation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carlson, Andrea & Lino, Mark & Juan, WenYen & Hanson, Kenneth & Basiotis, P. Peter, 2007. "Thrifty Food Plan, 2006," CNPP Reports 42899, United States Department of Agriculture, Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion.
- Blisard, Noel & Variyam, Jayachandran N. & Cromartie, John, 2003. "Food Expenditures By U.S. Households: Looking Ahead To 2020," Agricultural Economics Reports 34045, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Carlson, Andrea & Lino, Mark & Fungwe, Thomas V., 2007. "The Low-Cost, Moderate-Cost, and Liberal Food Plans, 2007," CNPP Reports 45850, United States Department of Agriculture, Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion.
- Clair Vickery, 1977. "The Time-Poor: A New Look at Poverty," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 12(1), pages 27-48.
- Jenkins, Stephen P & O'Leary, Nigel C, 1995. "Modelling Domestic Work Time," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 8(3), pages 265-279, August.
- Polachek,Solomon W. & Siebert,W. Stanley, 1993. "The Economics of Earnings," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521367288, October.
- Davis, George C. & You, Wen, 2006. "Preparing Food at Home: What is the Labor Cost?," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21202, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oliveira, Victor, 2007. "Informing Food and Nutrition Assistance Policy: 10 Years of Research at ERS," Miscellaneous Publications 262274, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Wendt, Minh, 2008. "Economic, Environmental, and Endowment Effects on Childhood Obesity," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6571, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Brewis, Alexandra A., 2014. "Stigma and the perpetuation of obesity," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 152-158.
- Leschewski, Andrea M. & Weatherspoon, Dave D., 2017. "SNAP Household Food Expenditures Using Non-SNAP Payment Methods," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 259139, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Randy Albelda, 2011. "Time Binds: US Antipoverty Policies, Poverty, and the Well-Being of Single Mothers," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(4), pages 189-214, October.
- Mark C. Senia & Helen H. Jensen & Oleksandr Zhylyevskyy, 2017.
"Time in eating and food preparation among single adults,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 399-432, June.
- Mark C. Senia & Jensen, Helen H. & Zhylyevskyy, Oleksandr, 2014. "Time in Eating and Food Preparation among Single Adults," Staff General Research Papers Archive 37706, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Mark C. Senia & Helen H. Jensen & Oleksandr Zhylyevskyy, 2014. "Time in Eating and Food Preparation among Single Adults," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 14-wp549, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Senia, Mark C. & Jensen, Helen H. & Zhylyevskyy, Oleksandr, 2014. "Time in Eating and Food Preparation among Single Adults," Staff General Research Papers Archive 38658, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Carlson, Andrea & Lino, Mark & Juan, WenYen & Marcoe, Kristin & Bente, Lisa & Hiza, Hazel A. B. & Guenther, Patricia M. & Leibtag, Ephraim S., 2008. "Development of the CNPP Prices Database," CNPP Reports 45851, United States Department of Agriculture, Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion.
- Lin, Biing-Hwan & Guthrie, Joanne F., 2012. "Nutritional Quality of Food Prepared at Home and Away From Home, 1977-2008," Economic Information Bulletin 142361, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Megan Carney, 2012. "Compounding crises of economic recession and food insecurity: a comparative study of three low-income communities in Santa Barbara County," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 29(2), pages 185-201, June.
- Sanae Tashiro, 2009. "Differences in Food Preparation by Race and Ethnicity: Evidence from the American Time Use Survey," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 36(3), pages 161-180, December.
- Kolodinsky, Jane M. & Castle, Jeffrey, 2014. "Mother/Child Eating and Drinking Patterns by Weight and Ethnicity," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 169803, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Alston, Julian M. & Mullally, Conner C. & Sumner, Daniel A. & Townsend, Marilyn & Vosti, Stephen A., 2009. "Likely effects on obesity from proposed changes to the US food stamp program," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 176-184, April.
- Sanae Tashiro & Chu-Ping Lo, 2011. "Balancing nutrition, luxury, and time constraints in food preparation choices," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(2), pages 245-265, May.
- George Davis, 2014. "Food at home production and consumption: implications for nutrition quality and policy," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 565-588, September.
- Llobrera, Joseph, 2012. "Time to Eat? The Relationship Between Household Proxies of Time Resources and Food Spending Patterns," 2012 AAEA/EAAE Food Environment Symposium 123528, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural and Food Policy; Consumer/Household Economics; Demand and Price Analysis; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uersrr:55961. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ersgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.