US Consumers' Willingness to Pay for Wool Product Attributes
Choice experiments were conducted to assess US consumer demand for woolproduct attributes. The average consumer's WTP was higher for US wool gloves compared to acrylic gloves. For Australian wool gloves, WTP was lower if consumers read information on husbandry practices. Demand for attributes varied across socioeconomic and psychographic characteristics.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fredrik Carlsson & Peter Frykblom & Carl Johan Lagerkvist, 2007. "Consumer Benefits of Labels and Bans on GM Foods—Choice Experiments with Swedish Consumers," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(1), pages 152-161.
- Zein Kallas & José A. Gómez-Limón & Manuel Arriaza, 2007.
"Are citizens willing to pay for agricultural multifunctionality?,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 36(3), pages 405-419, 05.
- Kallas, Zein & Gomez-Limon, Jose Antonio & Arriaza Balmón, Manuel, 2006. "Are Citizens Willing to Pay for Agricultural Multifunctionality?," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25476, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Louviere,Jordan J. & Hensher,David A. & Swait,Joffre D., 2000. "Stated Choice Methods," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521788304, December.
- Dettmann, Rachael L. & Dimitri, Carolyn, 2007. "Organic Consumers: A Demographic Portrayal of Organic Vegetable Consumption within the United States," 105th Seminar, March 8-10, 2007, Bologna, Italy 7899, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nadhem Mtimet & Luis Miguel Albisu, 2006. "Spanish wine consumer behavior: A choice experiment approach," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(3), pages 343-362.
- Frode Alfnes & Kyrre Rickertsen, 2003. "European Consumers' Willingness to Pay for U.S. Beef in Experimental Auction Markets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(2), pages 396-405.
- Ehmke, Mariah D., 2006. "International Differences in Consumer Preferences for Food Country-of-Origin: A Meta-Analysis," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21193, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeaed:6747. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.