Reexamining the Question: Are Imported Beef and Domestic Beef Complements or Substitutes?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ted C. Schroeder, 1992. "Economies of Scale and Scope for Agricultural Supply and Marketing Cooperatives," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 14(1), pages 93-103.
- Atanas Christev & Allen Featherstone, 2009.
"A note on Allen-Uzawa partial elasticities of substitution: the case of the translog cost function,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(11), pages 1165-1169.
- Atanas Christev & Allen Featherstone, 2005. "A Note on Allen-Uzawa Partial Elasticities of Substitution: The Case of the Translog Cost Function," Working Papers E03, Department of Economics, School of Management and Languages, Heriot Watt University.
- Christev, Atanas & Featherstone, Allen, 2007. "A Note on Allen-Uzawa Partial Elasticities of Substitution: The Case of the Translog Cost Function," IZA Discussion Papers 2712, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael Ollinger, 2011. "Structural change in the meat and poultry industry and food safety regulations," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(2), pages 244-257, Spring.
- Marsh, John M. & Brester, Gary W., 2003. "Technological Changes in Beef and Pork Production: Effects on Marketing Margins and Prices," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 0(Issue 4), pages 1-4.
- Nicholas E. Piggott & Thomas L. Marsh, 2004. "Does Food Safety Information Impact U.S. Meat Demand?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(1), pages 154-174.
- Sunil P. Dhoubhadel & Azzeddine M. Azzam & Matthew C. Stockton, 2015. "Imported and Domestic Beef: Are They Substitutes or Complements?," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(4), pages 568-572, October.
- Subhash C. Ray, 1982. "A Translog Cost Function Analysis of U.S. Agriculture, 1939–77," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 64(3), pages 490-498.
- Houck, James P., 1974. "The Short-Run Impact Of Beef Imports On U.S. Meat Prices," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-13, April.
More about this item
KeywordsDemand and Price Analysis; Marketing; Production Economics;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2017-02-12 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2017-02-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-INT-2017-02-12 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saea17:252720. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/saeaaea.html .