Reexamining the Question: Are Imported Beef and Domestic Beef Complements or Substitutes?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ted C. Schroeder, 1992. "Economies of Scale and Scope for Agricultural Supply and Marketing Cooperatives," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 14(1), pages 93-103.
- Atanas Christev & Allen Featherstone, 2009.
"A note on Allen-Uzawa partial elasticities of substitution: the case of the translog cost function,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(11), pages 1165-1169.
- Atanas Christev & Allen Featherstone, 2005. "A Note on Allen-Uzawa Partial Elasticities of Substitution: The Case of the Translog Cost Function," Working Papers E03, Department of Economics, School of Management and Languages, Heriot Watt University.
- Christev, Atanas & Featherstone, Allen, 2007. "A Note on Allen-Uzawa Partial Elasticities of Substitution: The Case of the Translog Cost Function," IZA Discussion Papers 2712, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael Ollinger, 2011. "Structural change in the meat and poultry industry and food safety regulations," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(2), pages 244-257, Spring.
- Marsh, John M. & Brester, Gary W., 2003. "Technological Changes in Beef and Pork Production: Effects on Marketing Margins and Prices," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 18(4).
- Nicholas E. Piggott & Thomas L. Marsh, 2004. "Does Food Safety Information Impact U.S. Meat Demand?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(1), pages 154-174.
- Sunil P. Dhoubhadel & Azzeddine M. Azzam & Matthew C. Stockton, 2015. "Imported and Domestic Beef: Are They Substitutes or Complements?," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(4), pages 568-572, October.
- Subhash C. Ray, 1982. "A Translog Cost Function Analysis of U.S. Agriculture, 1939–77," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 64(3), pages 490-498.
- Houck, James P., 1974. "The Short-Run Impact Of Beef Imports On U.S. Meat Prices," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 18(01), April.
More about this item
Keywordsbeef imports; cost function; cost shares; ground beef; Demand and Price Analysis; Marketing; Production Economics; Q11;
- Q11 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Aggregate Supply and Demand Analysis; Prices
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2017-02-12 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2017-02-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-INT-2017-02-12 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saea17:252720. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/saeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.