A Note on Allen-Uzawa Partial Elasticities of Substitution: The Case of the Translog Cost Function
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Atanas Christev & Allen Featherstone, 2009. "A note on Allen-Uzawa partial elasticities of substitution: the case of the translog cost function," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(11), pages 1165-1169.
- Atanas Christev & Allen Featherstone, 2005. "A Note on Allen-Uzawa Partial Elasticities of Substitution: The Case of the Translog Cost Function," Working Papers E03, Department of Economics, School of Management and Languages, Heriot Watt University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ryan, David L & Wales, Terence J, 1998. "A Simple Method for Imposing Local Curvature in Some Flexible Consumer-Demand Systems," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 16(3), pages 331-338, July.
- Diewert, Walter E & Wales, Terence J, 1987.
"Flexible Functional Forms and Global Curvature Conditions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 43-68, January.
- W. Erwin Diewert & T.J. Wales, 1989. "Flexible Functional Forms and Global Curvature Conditions," NBER Technical Working Papers 0040, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Allen M. Featherstone & Charles B. Moss, 1994.
"Measuring Economies of Scale and Scope in Agricultural Banking,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(3), pages 655-661.
- Featherstone, Allen M. & Moss, Charles B., 1993. "Measuring Economies of Scale and Scope in Agricultural Banking," Proceedings: 1993 Regional Committee NC-207, October 4-5, 1993, Chicago, Illinois 131339, Regional Research Committee NC-1014: Agricultural and Rural Finance Markets in Transition.
- Anderson, R. K. & Moroney, J. R., 1993. "Morishima elasticities of substitution with nested production functions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 42(2-3), pages 159-166.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James, L. & Glynn, T., 2017. "Reexamining the Question: Are Imported Beef and Domestic Beef Complements or Substitutes?," 2017 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2017, Mobile, Alabama 252720, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Dogan, Can & Akay, Gokhan H., 2016. "Multi-sector specific factors model with two mobile factors," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 136-147.
More about this item
Keywordstranslog cost function; elasticity of substitution; concavity;
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- D20 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp2712. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .