Farmers’ Perception of Precision Technology: The Case of Autosteer Adoption by Cotton Farmers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paxton, Kenneth W. & Mishra, Ashok K. & Chintawar, Sachin & Larson, James A. & Roberts, Roland K. & English, Burton C. & Lambert, Dayton M. & Marra, Michele C. & Larkin, Sherry L. & Reeves, Jeanne M. , 2010. "Precision Agriculture Technology Adoption for Cotton Production," 2010 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2010, Orlando, Florida 56486, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Madhu Khanna, 2001.
"Sequential Adoption of Site-Specific Technologies and its Implications for Nitrogen Productivity: A Double Selectivity Model,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(1), pages 35-51.
- Khanna, Madhu, 1999. "Sequential Adoption Of Site-Specific Technologies And Its Implications For Nitrogen Productivity: A Double Selectivity Model," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21599, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Norris, Patricia E. & Batie, Sandra S., 1987. "Virginia Farmers' Soil Conservation Decisions: An Application Of Tobit Analysis," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(01), July.
- Norris, Patricia E. & Batie, Sandra S., 1987. "Virginia Farmers' Soil Conservation Decisions: An Application of Tobit Analysis," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(01), pages 79-90, July.
- Adesina, Akinwumi A. & Zinnah, Moses M., 1993. "Technology characteristics, farmers' perceptions and adoption decisions: A Tobit model application in Sierra Leone," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 9(4), pages 297-311, December.
- Mooney, Daniel F. & Roberts, Roland K. & English, Burton C. & Lambert, Dayton M. & Larson, James A. & Velandia, Margarita M. & Larkin, Sherry L. & Marra, Michele C. & Martin, Steven W. & Mishra, Ashok, 2010. "Precision Farming by Cotton Producers in Twelve Southern States: Results from the 2009 Southern Cotton Precision Farming Survey," Research Reports 91333, University of Tennessee, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Shockley, Jordan M. & Dillon, Carl R. & Stombaugh, Timothy S., 2011. "A Whole Farm Analysis of the Influence of Auto-Steer Navigation on Net Returns, Risk, and Production Practices," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 43(01), pages 57-75, February.
- Adesina, Akinwumi A. & Zinnah, Moses M., 1993. "Technology characteristics, farmers' perceptions and adoption decisions: A Tobit model application in Sierra Leone," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 9(4), December.
- Shockley, Jordan M. & Dillon, Carl R. & Stombaugh, Timothy S., 2011. "A Whole Farm Analysis of the Influence of Auto-Steer Navigation on Net Returns, Risk, and Production Practices," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 43(01), February.
- D'Antoni, Jeremy M. & Mishra, Ashok K. & Gillespie, Jeffrey M., 2011. "Homogeneity of Farm Labor: A Dual Approach," 2011 Annual Meeting, February 5-8, 2011, Corpus Christi, Texas 98754, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Adesina, Akinwumi A. & Baidu-Forson, Jojo, 1995. "Farmers' perceptions and adoption of new agricultural technology: evidence from analysis in Burkina Faso and Guinea, West Africa," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 13(1), pages 1-9, October.
- Batte, Marvin T., 2004. "Computer Adoption and Use by Ohio Farmers," Journal of the ASFMRA, American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers.
- Feder, Gershon & Just, Richard E & Zilberman, David, 1985. "Adoption of Agricultural Innovations in Developing Countries: A Survey," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 255-298, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kiratu, Nixon Murathi & Mshenga, Patience M. & Ngigi, Margaret, 2016. "Determinants of smallholder farmers’ perception towards smart subsidies; a case of Nakuru Noth district, Kenya," 2016 AAAE Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 249316, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Khanal, Aditya R. & Mishra, Ashok K. & Lambert, Dayton M. & Paudel, Krishna P., 2013. "A Bayesian Analysis of GPS Guidance System in Precision Agriculture: The Role of Expectations," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150421, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Murage, A.W. & Midega, C.A.O. & Pittchar, J.O. & Khan, Zeyaur R., 2013. "Potential uptake determinants of climate-smart push-pull technology in drier agro-ecological zones of eastern Africa," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 161511, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Murathi Kiratu, Nixon, 2014. "An Assessment of the Impact of Kilimo Plus Subsidy Program on Smallholder Farmers' Food Security and Income in Nakuru North District, Kenya," Research Theses 243470, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsFarmers’ perception; precision agriculture; autosteer; multinomial logit estimation; technology adoption; input cost saving.; Agribusiness; Agricultural Finance; Farm Management; Financial Economics; Labor and Human Capital; Production Economics; Risk and Uncertainty; Q12; Q16;
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- Q16 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - R&D; Agricultural Technology; Biofuels; Agricultural Extension Services
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-02-08 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saea12:119734. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/saeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.