A Bayesian Analysis of GPS Guidance System in Precision Agriculture: The Role of Expectations
Farmer’s post adoption responses about technology are important in continuation and diffusion of a technology in precision agriculture. We studied farmer’s frequency of application decisions of GPS guidance system, after adoption. Using a Cotton grower’s precision farming survey in the U.S. and Bayesian approaches, our study suggests that ‘meeting expectation’ plays an important positive role. Farmer’s income level, farm size, and farming occupation are other important factors in modeling GPS guidance system adoption and application.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ebel, Robert M. & Schimmelpfennig, David E., 2012. "Production Cost and the Sequential Adoption of Precision Technology," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124393, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- D'Antoni, Jeremy M. & Mishra, Ashok K. & Powell, Rebekah R. & Martin, Steven W., 2012. "Farmers’ Perception of Precision Technology: The Case of Autosteer Adoption by Cotton Farmers," 2012 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2012, Birmingham, Alabama 119734, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Walton, Jonathan C. & Lambert, Dayton M. & Roberts, Roland K. & Larson, James A. & English, Burton C. & Larkin, Sherry L. & Martin, Steven W. & Marra, Michele C. & Paxton, Kenneth W. & Reeves, Jeanne , 2008.
"Adoption and Abandonment of Precision Soil Sampling in Cotton Production,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 33(3), December.
- Walton, Jonathan C. & Roberts, Roland K. & Lambert, Dayton M. & Larson, James A. & English, Burton C. & Larkin, Sherry L. & Martin, Steven W. & Marra, Michele C. & Paxton, Kenneth W. & Reeves, Jeanne , 2008. "Adoption and Abandonment of Precision Soil Sampling in Cotton Production," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6215, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Paxton, Kenneth W. & Mishra, Ashok K. & Chintawar, Sachin & Roberts, Roland K. & Larson, James A. & English, Burton C. & Lambert, Dayton M. & Marra, Michele C. & Larkin, Sherry L. & Reeves, Jeanne M. , 2011. "Intensity of Precision Agriculture Technology Adoption by Cotton Producers," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 40(1), April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea13:150421. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.