Returns to Education Revisited and Effects of Education on Household Welfare in Nigeria
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ruth Uwaifo Oyelere, 2008.
"Disparities in Labor Market Outcomes Across Geopolitical Regions in Nigeria. Fact or Fantasy?,"
Journal of African Development,
African Finance and Economic Association, vol. 10(1), pages 11-31.
- Uwaifo Oyelere, Ruth, 2007. "Disparities in Labor Market Outcomes across Geopolitical Regions in Nigeria: Fact or Fantasy?," IZA Discussion Papers 3082, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Adebayo Aromolaran, 2006. "Estimates of Mincerian Returns to Schooling in Nigeria," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 265-292.
- T. Paul Schultz, 2004.
"Evidence of Returns to Schooling in Africa from Household Surveys: Monitoring and Restructuring the Market for Education,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 13(02), pages 95-148, December.
- T. Paul Schultz, 2003. "Evidence of Returns to Schooling in Africa from Household Surveys: Monitoring and Restructuring the Market for Education," Working Papers 875, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1994:i:36:p:06 is not listed on IDEAS
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Carlin, Paul S. & Flood, Lennart, 1997. "Do children affect the labor supply of Swedish men? Time diary vs. survey data," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 167-183, June.
- Glewwe, Paul, 1991.
"Investigating the determinants of household welfare in Cote d'Ivoire,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 307-337, April.
- Glewwe, P., 1990. "Investigating The Determinants Of Household Welfare In Cote D'Ivoire," Papers 71, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Matshe, Innocent & Young, Trevor, 2004. "Off-farm labour allocation decisions in small-scale rural households in Zimbabwe," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 30(3), pages 175-186, May.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number minc74-1, April.
- George Psacharopoulos & Harry Anthony Patrinos, 2004.
"Returns to investment in education: a further update,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 111-134.
- Psacharopoulos, George & Patrinos, Harry Anthony, 2002. "Returns to investment in education : a further update," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2881, The World Bank.
- Blundell, Richard & Ham, John & Meghir, Costas, 1987. "Unemployment and Female Labour Supply," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 97(388a), pages 44-64, Supplemen.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Introduction to "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings"," NBER Chapters,in: Schooling, Experience, and Earnings, pages 1-4 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Mwangi S. Kimenyi & Germano Mwabu & Damiano Kulundu Manda, 2006.
"Human Capital Externalities and Private Returns to Education in Kenya,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Eastern Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 493-513, Summer.
- Damiano Kulundu Manda & Germano Mwabu & Mwangi S. Kimenyi, 2004. "Human Capital Externalities and Private Returns to Education in Kenya," Working papers 2004-08, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Uwaifo Oyelere, Ruth, 2010. "Africa's education enigma? The Nigerian story," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 128-139, January.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1994.
"Returns to investment in education: A global update,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 1325-1343, September.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1993. "Returns to investment in education : a global update," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1067, The World Bank.
- Adebayo Aromolaran, 2004. "Wage Returns to Schooling in Nigeria," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 16(3), pages 433-455.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762, April.
- Cragg, John G, 1971. "Some Statistical Models for Limited Dependent Variables with Application to the Demand for Durable Goods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(5), pages 829-844, September.
More about this item
KeywordsCommunity/Rural/Urban Development; Industrial Organization; Production Economics; Public Economics;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2012-11-24 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2012-11-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2012-11-24 (Development)
- NEP-EDU-2012-11-24 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2012-11-24 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:nzar12:136051. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nzareea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.