Returns to Education Revisited and Effects of Education on Household Welfare in Nigeria
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ruth Uwaifo Oyelere, 2008.
"Disparities in Labor Market Outcomes Across Geopolitical Regions in Nigeria. Fact or Fantasy?,"
Journal of African Development,
African Finance and Economic Association, vol. 10(1), pages 11-31.
- Uwaifo Oyelere, Ruth, 2007. "Disparities in Labor Market Outcomes across Geopolitical Regions in Nigeria: Fact or Fantasy?," IZA Discussion Papers 3082, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Adebayo Aromolaran, 2006. "Estimates of Mincerian Returns to Schooling in Nigeria," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 265-292.
- T. Paul Schultz, 2004.
"Evidence of Returns to Schooling in Africa from Household Surveys: Monitoring and Restructuring the Market for Education,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 13(02), pages 95-148, December.
- T. Paul Schultz, 2003. "Evidence of Returns to Schooling in Africa from Household Surveys: Monitoring and Restructuring the Market for Education," Working Papers 875, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1994:i:36:p:06 is not listed on IDEAS
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Carlin, Paul S. & Flood, Lennart, 1997. "Do children affect the labor supply of Swedish men? Time diary vs. survey data," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 167-183, June.
- Glewwe, Paul, 1991.
"Investigating the determinants of household welfare in Cote d'Ivoire,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 307-337, April.
- Glewwe, P., 1990. "Investigating The Determinants Of Household Welfare In Cote D'Ivoire," Papers 71, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Matshe, Innocent & Young, Trevor, 2004. "Off-farm labour allocation decisions in small-scale rural households in Zimbabwe," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 30(3), pages 175-186, May.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number minc74-1.
- George Psacharopoulos & Harry Anthony Patrinos, 2004.
"Returns to investment in education: a further update,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 111-134.
- Psacharopoulos, George & Patrinos, Harry Anthony, 2002. "Returns to investment in education : a further update," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2881, The World Bank.
- Blundell, Richard & Ham, John & Meghir, Costas, 1987. "Unemployment and Female Labour Supply," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 97(388a), pages 44-64, Supplemen.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Introduction to "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings"," NBER Chapters,in: Schooling, Experience, and Earnings, pages 1-4 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Mwangi S. Kimenyi & Germano Mwabu & Damiano Kulundu Manda, 2006.
"Human Capital Externalities and Private Returns to Education in Kenya,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Eastern Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 493-513, Summer.
- Damiano Kulundu Manda & Germano Mwabu & Mwangi S. Kimenyi, 2004. "Human Capital Externalities and Private Returns to Education in Kenya," Working papers 2004-08, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Uwaifo Oyelere, Ruth, 2010. "Africa's education enigma? The Nigerian story," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 128-139, January.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1994.
"Returns to investment in education: A global update,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 1325-1343, September.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1993. "Returns to investment in education : a global update," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1067, The World Bank.
- Adebayo Aromolaran, 2004. "Wage Returns to Schooling in Nigeria," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 16(3), pages 433-455.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762, May.
- Cragg, John G, 1971. "Some Statistical Models for Limited Dependent Variables with Application to the Demand for Durable Goods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(5), pages 829-844, September.
More about this item
KeywordsCommunity/Rural/Urban Development; Industrial Organization; Production Economics; Public Economics;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2012-11-24 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2012-11-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2012-11-24 (Development)
- NEP-EDU-2012-11-24 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2012-11-24 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:nzar12:136051. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nzareea.html .