Consumer Perceptions of Seafood Industries in the Wake of the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill and Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Disaster
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hong, Sung-Tai & Wyer, Robert S, Jr, 1989. "Effects of Country-of-Origin and Product-Attribute Information on Product Evaluation: An Information Processing Perspective," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 175-187, September.
- Onyango, Benjamin M. & Miljkovic, Dragan & Hallman, William K. & Nganje, William E. & Condry, Sarah C. & Cuite, Cara L., 2008.
"Food Recalls and Food Safety Perceptions: The September 2006 Spinach Recall Case,"
Journal of Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics Association of Georgia, vol. 26(1), pages 1-22.
- Onyango, Benjamin M. & Miljkovic, Dragan & Hallman, William K. & Nganje, William E. & Condry, Sarah C. & Cuite, Cara L., 2007. "Food Recalls and Food Safety Perceptions: The September 2006 Spinach Recall Case," Agribusiness & Applied Economics Report 10004, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Onyango, Benjamin M. & Miljkovic, Dragan & Hallman, William K. & Nganje, William E. & Condry, Sarah C. & Cuite, Cara L., 2007. "Food Recalls and Food Safety Perceptions: The September 2006 Spinach Recall Case," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon 9679, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Zhifeng Gao & Ted C. Schroeder, 2007. "Effects of Label Information on Consumer Willingness-to-Pay for Food Attributes," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(3), pages 795-809.
- Schroeder Ted C. & Tonsor Glynn T. & Pennings Joost M.E. & Mintert James, 2007. "Consumer Food Safety Risk Perceptions and Attitudes: Impacts on Beef Consumption across Countries," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-29, December.
- Maheswaran, Durairaj, 1994. "Country of Origin as a Stereotype: Effects of Consumer Expertise and Attribute Strength on Product Evaluations," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(2), pages 354-365, September.
- Warren J Bilkey & Erik Nes, 1982. "Country-of-Origin Effects on Product Evaluations," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 13(1), pages 89-100, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peterson, Hikaru & Yamaura, Koichi, 2014. "Ambiguity Aversion and Preferences for Food Origin Post Fukushima Nuclear Disaster," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170552, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Ajewole, Kayode & Peterson, Hikaru H. & Yamaura, Koichi, 2015. "Japanese Consumer Preferences toward GM Foods after the Great East Japan Earthquake," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205611, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Yu, Julie H. & Albaum, Gerald, 2002. "Sovereignty change influences on consumer ethnocentrism and product preferences: Hong Kong revisited one year later," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(11), pages 891-899, November.
- Cuffaro, Nadia & Di Giacinto, Marina, 2015. "Credence goods, consumers’ trust in regulation and high quality exports," Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), vol. 4(2), pages 1-19, August.
- Lim, Kar Ho & Hu, Wuyang & Maynard, Leigh J. & Goddard, Ellen W., 2012. "Stated Preference and Perception Analysis for Traceable and BSE-tested Beef: An Application of Mixed Error-Component Logit Model," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124784, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Bruhn, Manfred & Schwarz, Jürgen & Batt, Verena, 2012. "Swissness als Erfolgsfaktor – Einsatz des Country-of-Origin zur Stärkung von Marken-Konsumenten-Beziehungen und der Markenbindung," Die Unternehmung - Swiss Journal of Business Research and Practice, Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG, vol. 66(2), pages 153-179.
- Amedeo Maizza & Monica Fait & Paola Scorrano & Antonio Iazzi, 2019. "How Knowledge Sharing Culture Can Become a Facilitator of the Sustainable Development in the Agrifood Sector," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(4), pages 1-15, February.
- Fong, Cher-Min & Lee, Chun-Ling & Du, Yunzhou, 2015. "Consumer animosity and foreign direct investment: An investigation of consumer responses," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 23-32.
- Amine, Lyn Suzanne, 2008. "Country-of-origin, animosity and consumer response: Marketing implications of anti-Americanism and Francophobia," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 402-422, August.
- Shao, Bingjia & Cheng, Zhendong & Wan, Lijuan & Yue, Jie, 2021. "The impact of cross border E-tailer's return policy on consumer's purchase intention," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 59(C).
- Minyoung Kim & Sunghoon Kim & Jongkuk Lee, 2018. "Spatial heterogeneity of country-of-origin effects within a country: analysis of online review ratings in the US car market," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 189-205, June.
- Tac, Nurullah & Aglargoz, Ozan, 2007. "Turquality: an innovative unique model for making global brands out of Turkish products," SEER Journal for Labour and Social Affairs in Eastern Europe, Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG, vol. 10(1), pages 127-137.
- Paletto, Alessandro & Notaro, Sandra, 2018. "Secondary wood manufactures' willingness-to-pay for certified wood products in Italy," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 65-72.
- Xiaobing Xu & Rong Chen, 2016. "The role of a model’s race in influencing Chinese consumers’ product perception," Asian Business & Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 15(3), pages 201-225, July.
- Jo, Myung-Soo & Nakamoto, Kent & Nelson, James E., 2003. "The shielding effects of brand image against lower quality countries-of-origin in global manufacturing," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(8), pages 637-646, August.
- Bylon Abeeku Bamfo, 2012. "Consumer Attitude Toward Products Made In Ghana," Global Journal of Business Research, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 6(1), pages 39-46.
- Hu, Ye & Wang, Xin, 2010. "Country-of-Origin Premiums for Retailers in International Trades: Evidence from eBay's International Markets," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 200-207.
- Tonsor, Glynn T., 2010. "Consumer Food Safety Perceptions: Do they Differ across Products, Species, and Specific Risks?," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61044, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Verlegh, Peeter W. J. & Steenkamp, Jan-Benedict E. M., 1999. "A review and meta-analysis of country-of-origin research," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 521-546, October.
- Zeugner-Roth, Katharina P. & Diamantopoulos, Adamantios, 2010.
"Advancing the country image construct: Reply to Samiee's (2009) commentary,"
Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(4), pages 446-449, April.
- K. Zeugner-Roth & A. Diamantopoulos, 2010. "Advancing the country image construct: reply to Samiee's (2009) commentary," Post-Print hal-00787396, HAL.
- Veale, Roberta & Quester, Pascale, 2009. "Do consumer expectations match experience? Predicting the influence of price and country of origin on perceptions of product quality," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 134-144, April.
- van Ittersum, Koert & Candel, Math J. J. M. & Meulenberg, Matthew T. G., 2003. "The influence of the image of a product's region of origin on product evaluation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 215-226, March.
More about this item
KeywordsAgribusiness; Environmental Economics and Policy; Livestock Production/Industries; Marketing;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2013-08-31 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2013-08-31 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2013-08-31 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-MKT-2013-08-31 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:midasp:155582. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/damsuus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/damsuus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.