A Comparative Analysis of Strategic Management Practices in Michigan Agribusiness Firms: 1992 vs. 2012
Over the past 20 years the agribusiness industry has been subject to a number of transformations and shocks that have altered its business environment and management practices. This thesis sets out to try to understand how the Michigan industry has changed in this period, and to understand if strategic management practices and performance are correlated. Data for this study was collected from Michigan agribusinesses at two time periods, 1992 and 2012. A comparative analysis indicates that Michigan agribusinesses have become larger, more diverse, and have increased their adoption of strategic planning activities. Furthermore, these practices were found to be positively correlated with performance.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (517) 355-4563
Fax: (517) 432-1800
Web page: http://www.aec.msu.edu/agecon/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David A Griffith & Matthew B Myers, 2005. "The performance implications of strategic fit of relational norm governance strategies in global supply chain relationships," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 36(3), pages 254-269, May.
- Peterson, H. Christopher & Wysocki, Allen F., 1998.
"Strategic Choice Along The Vertical Coordination Continuum,"
11651, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Peterson, H. Christopher & Wysocki, Allen F. & Harsh, Stephen B., 2001. "Strategic Choice Along The Vertical Coordination Continuum," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 4(02).
- Thune, Stanley S. & House, Robert J., 1970. "Where long-range planning pays off Findings of a survey of formal, informal planners," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 81-87, August.
- Martin Mueller & Virginia dos Santos & Stefan Seuring, 2009. "The Contribution of Environmental and Social Standards Towards Ensuring Legitimacy in Supply Chain Governance," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 89(4), pages 509-523, November.
- Duerksen, Gregory J., 2012. "Winning the War for Talent," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 15(A).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:midagr:142014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.