Uncovering the value of planning in new venture creation: A process and contingency perspective
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Busenitz, Lowell W. & Barney, Jay B., 1997. "Differences between entrepreneurs and managers in large organizations: Biases and heuristics in strategic decision-making," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 9-30, January.
- Chandler, Gaylen N. & Hanks, Steven H., 1993. "Measuring the performance of emerging businesses: A validation study," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(5), pages 391-408, September.
- Talaulicar, Till & Grundei, Jens & Werder, Axel v., 2005. "Strategic decision making in start-ups: the effect of top management team organization and processes on speed and comprehensiveness," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 519-541, July.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119.
- Chrisman, James J. & McMullan, Ed & Hall, Jeremy, 2005. "The influence of guided preparation on the long-term performance of new ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 769-791, November.
- Marc Gruber, 2004. "Marketing In New Ventures: Theory And Empirical Evidence," Schmalenbach Business Review (sbr), LMU Munich School of Management, vol. 56(2), pages 164-199, April.
- Lechner, Christian & Dowling, Michael & Welpe, Isabell, 2006. "Firm networks and firm development: The role of the relational mix," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 514-540, July.
- Franke, Nikolaus & Gruber, Marc & Harhoff, Dietmar & Henkel, Joachim, 2006. "What you are is what you like--similarity biases in venture capitalists' evaluations of start-up teams," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 802-826, November.
- Henry Mintzberg, 1978. "Patterns in Strategy Formation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(9), pages 934-948, May.
- Cooper, Arnold C. & Folta, Timothy B. & Woo, Carolyn, 1995. "Entrepreneurial information search," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 107-120, March.
- Israel M. Kirzner, 1997. "Entrepreneurial Discovery and the Competitive Market Process: An Austrian Approach," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 60-85, March.
- Bruton, Garry D. & Rubanik, Yuri, 2002. "Resources of the firm, Russian high-technology startups, and firm growth," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 553-576, October.
- Julien, Pierre-Andre, 1995. "New technologies and technological information in small businesses," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 10(6), pages 459-475, November.
- Armstrong, J. Scott, 1982. "The value of formal planning for strategic decisions: review of empirical research," MPRA Paper 81683, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Overton, Terry S., 1977. "Estimating Nonresponse Bias in Mail Surveys," MPRA Paper 81694, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carter, Nancy M. & Gartner, William B. & Reynolds, Paul D., 1996. "Exploring start-up event sequences," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 151-166, May.
- Shane, Scott & Delmar, Frederic, 2004. "Planning for the market: business planning before marketing and the continuation of organizing efforts," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 767-785, November.
- Coviello, Nicole E. & Brodie, Roderick J. & Munro, Hugh J., 2000. "An investigation of marketing practice by firm size," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 15(5-6), pages 523-545.
- Hambrick, Donald C. & Crozier, Lynn M., 1985. "Stumblers and stars in the management of rapid growth," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 31-45.
- P.-L. Dubois & A. Jolibert, 2005. "Le marketing," Post-Print halshs-00095259, HAL.
- N. Venkatraman & Vasudevan Ramanujam, 1987. "Planning System Success: A Conceptualization and an Operational Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(6), pages 687-705, June.
- Brush, Candida G. & Vanderwerf, Pieter A., 1992. "A comparison of methods and sources for obtaining estimates of new venture performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 157-170, March.
- Thune, Stanley S. & House, Robert J., 1970. "Where long-range planning pays off Findings of a survey of formal, informal planners," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 81-87, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbvent:v:22:y:2007:i:6:p:782-807. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.