The value of information for the management of water resources in agriculture: comparing the economic impact of alternative sources of information to schedule irrigation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ana Iglesias & Sonia Quiroga & Agustin Diz, 2011. "Looking into the future of agriculture in a changing climate," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 38(3), pages 427-447, August.
- Qin, X.S. & Huang, G.H. & Zeng, G.M. & Chakma, A. & Huang, Y.F., 2007. "An interval-parameter fuzzy nonlinear optimization model for stream water quality management under uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 180(3), pages 1331-1357, August.
- Darrell J. Bosch & Vernon R. Eidman, 1987. "Valuing Information When Risk Preferences Are Nonneutral: An Application to Irrigation Scheduling," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 69(3), pages 658-668.
- Abadi Ghadim, Amir & Kingwell, Ross & Pannell, David, 1991. "An economic evaluation of deep tillage to reduce soil compaction on crop-livestock farms in Western Australia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 291-307.
- Chalabi, Zaid & Epstein, David & McKenna, Claire & Claxton, Karl, 2008. "Uncertainty and value of information when allocating resources within and between healthcare programmes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 191(2), pages 530-539, December.
- S. Wang & G. Huang, 2012. "Identifying Optimal Water Resources Allocation Strategies through an Interactive Multi-Stage Stochastic Fuzzy Programming Approach," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 26(7), pages 2015-2038, May.
- Perry, C. J. & Narayanamurthy, S. G., 1998. "Farmer response to rationed and uncertain irrigation supplies," IWMI Research Reports H022447, International Water Management Institute.
- Bas Groot Koerkamp & M. G. Myriam Hunink & Theo Stijnen & Milton C. Weinstein, 2006. "Identifying key parameters in cost-effectiveness analysis using value of information: a comparison of methods," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 383-392.
- Phoebe Koundouri & Céline Nauges & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2006. "Technology Adoption under Production Uncertainty: Theory and Application to Irrigation Technology," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(3), pages 657-670.
- Kaiser, Mark J. & Pulsipher, Allan G., 2004. "The potential value of improved ocean observation systems in the Gulf of Mexico," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 469-489, November.
- Richard E. Just, 2001. "Addressing the Changing Nature of Uncertainty in Agriculture," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1131-1153.
- Perry, Christopher J. & Narayanamurthy, S.G., 1998. "Farmer response to rationed and uncertain irrigation supplies," IWMI Research Reports 44582, International Water Management Institute.
- Karnon, Jonathan, 2002. "Planning the efficient allocation of research funds: an adapted application of a non-parametric Bayesian value of information analysis," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 329-347, September.
More about this item
KeywordsResearch and Development/ Tech Change/Emerging Technologies;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae18:277384. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.