Adaptive resource management and the value of information
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Williams, Byron K., 2007. "Optimal management of non-Markovian biological populations," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 200(1), pages 234-242.
- Bas Groot Koerkamp & M. G. Myriam Hunink & Theo Stijnen & Milton C. Weinstein, 2006. "Identifying key parameters in cost‐effectiveness analysis using value of information: a comparison of methods," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 383-392, April.
- Richard D. Smallwood & Edward J. Sondik, 1973. "The Optimal Control of Partially Observable Markov Processes over a Finite Horizon," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 21(5), pages 1071-1088, October.
- Williams, Byron K., 2009. "Markov decision processes in natural resources management: Observability and uncertainty," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 220(6), pages 830-840.
- Thomas, Alban & Bontems, Philippe, 1998. "Information Value And Risk Premium In Agricultural Production Under Risk: The Case Of Split Nitrogen Application For Corn," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20844, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Karnon, Jonathan, 2002. "Planning the efficient allocation of research funds: an adapted application of a non-parametric Bayesian value of information analysis," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 329-347, September.
- Philippe Bontems & Alban Thomas, 2000. "Information Value and Risk Premium in Agricultural Production: The Case of Split Nitrogen Application for Corn," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(1), pages 59-70.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jeffrey, Scott R. & Pannell, David J., 2013. "Economics of Prioritising Environmental Research: An Expected Value of Partial Perfect Information (EVPPI) Framework," Working Papers 144944, University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Brownson, Katherine & Fowler, Laurie, 2020. "Evaluating how we evaluate success: Monitoring, evaluation and adaptive management in Payments for Watershed Services programs," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C).
- Stephen M Pawson & Bruce G Marcot & Owen G Woodberry, 2017. "Predicting forest insect flight activity: A Bayesian network approach," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 12(9), pages 1-22, September.
- Johnson, Fred A. & Smith, Brian J. & Bonneau, Mathieu & Martin, Julien & Romagosa, Christina & Mazzotti, Frank & Waddle, Hardin & Reed, Robert N. & Eckles, Jennifer Kettevrlin & Vitt, Laurie J., 2017. "Expert Elicitation, Uncertainty, and the Value of Information in Controlling Invasive Species," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 83-90.
- Kling, David M. & Sanchirico, James N. & Fackler, Paul L., 2017. "Optimal monitoring and control under state uncertainty: Application to lionfish management," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 223-245.
- Johnson, Fred A. & Jensen, Gitte H. & Madsen, Jesper & Williams, Byron K., 2014. "Uncertainty, robustness, and the value of information in managing an expanding Arctic goose population," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 273(C), pages 186-199.
- Debarun Bhattacharjya & Jo Eidsvik & Tapan Mukerji, 2013. "The Value of Information in Portfolio Problems with Dependent Projects," Decision Analysis, INFORMS, vol. 10(4), pages 341-351, December.
- David Breininger & Brean Duncan & Mitchell Eaton & Fred Johnson & James Nichols, 2014. "Integrating Land Cover Modeling and Adaptive Management to Conserve Endangered Species and Reduce Catastrophic Fire Risk," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(3), pages 1-24, July.
More about this item
KeywordsValue of information; Adaptive management; Structural uncertainty; Decision making;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecomod:v:222:y:2011:i:18:p:3429-3436. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/ecological-modelling .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.