Are in-house and outsourcing innovation strategies interlinked? Evidence from the European agri-food sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carlo Altomonte & Tommaso Aquilante & Gábor Békés & Gianmarco I.P. Ottaviano, 2013.
"Internationalization and innovation of firms: evidence and policy,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 28(76), pages 663-700, October.
- Altomonte, Carlo & Aquilante, Tommaso & Békés, Gábor & Ottaviano, Gianmarco I. P., 2013. "Internationalization and innovation of firms: evidence and policy," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 54877, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Carlo Altomonte & Tommaso Aquilante & Gábor Békés & Gianmarco I. P. Ottaviano, 2014. "Internationalization and Innovation of Firms: Evidence and Policy," CEP Special Papers 032, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Carlo Altomonte & Tommaso Aquilante & Gábor Békés & Gianmarco I P Ottaviano, 2013. "Internationalization and innovation of firms: Evidence and policy," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/188800, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Altomonte, Carlo & Aquilante, Tommaso & Békés, Gábor & Ottaviano, Gianmarco I. P., 2014. "Internationalization and innovation of firms: evidence and policy," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 60275, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- James H. Love & Stephen Roper, 2005. "Economists' perceptions versus managers' decisions: an experiment in transaction-cost analysis," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(1), pages 19-36, January.
- John Hauser & Gerard J. Tellis & Abbie Griffin, 2006. "Research on Innovation: A Review and Agenda for," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(6), pages 687-717, 11-12.
- Ruth Rama & Adelheid Holl, 2013. "Subcontracting relationships," Chapters,in: Handbook of Economic Organization, chapter 28 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Holger Görg & Aoife Hanley & Eric Strobl, 2008.
"Productivity effects of international outsourcing: evidence from plant-level data,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 41(2), pages 670-688, May.
- Görg, Holger & Hanley, Aoife & Strobl, Eric, 2007. "Productivity Effects of International Outsourcing: Evidence from Plant Level Data," CEPR Discussion Papers 6361, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Galende, Jesus & de la Fuente, Juan Manuel, 2003. "Internal factors determining a firm's innovative behaviour," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 715-736, May.
- Spyros Arvanitis & Euripidis N. Loukis, 2013. "Outsourcing and firm performance--a comparative study of Swiss and Greek firms," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(3), pages 771-806, June.
- Veugelers, Reinhilde & Cassiman, Bruno, 1999. "Make and buy in innovation strategies: evidence from Belgian manufacturing firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 63-80, January.
- Gooroochurn, Nishaal & Hanley, Aoife, 2007.
"A tale of two literatures: Transaction costs and property rights in innovation outsourcing,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1483-1495, December.
- Nishaal Gooroochurn & Aoife Hanley, 2006. "A Tale of Two Literatures: Transaction Cost and Property Rights in Innovation Outsourcing," Occasional Papers 17, Industrial Economics Division.
- Pascucci, Stefano & Royer, Annie & Bijman, Jos, 2012. "To Make or to Buy: Is this the Question?," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 15(3), pages 1-20, September.
- Santamara, Llus & Nieto, Mara Jess & Barge-Gil, Andrs, 2009. "Beyond formal R&D: Taking advantage of other sources of innovation in low- and medium-technology industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 507-517, April.
- Hagedoorn, John & Wang, Ning, 2012. "Is there complementarity or substitutability between internal and external R&D strategies?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 1072-1083.
- Kenta Nakamura & Hiroyuki Odagiri, 2005. "R&D boundaries of the firm: An estimation of the double-hurdle model on commissioned R&D, joint R&D, and licensing in Japan," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(7), pages 583-615.
- Arora, Ashish & Gambardella, Alfonso, 1990. "Complementarity and External Linkages: The Strategies of the Large Firms in Biotechnology," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(4), pages 361-379, June.
- Ángela Triguero & David Córcoles & María C. Cuerva, 2013. "Differences in Innovation Between Food and Manufacturing Firms: An Analysis of Persistence," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(3), pages 273-292, June.
- Cohen, Wesley M & Levinthal, Daniel A, 1989. "Innovation and Learning: The Two Faces of R&D," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 569-596, September.
- Han, Sang Yun & Bae, Sung Joo, 2014. "Internalization of R&D outsourcing: An empirical study," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 58-73.
- Bart Nooteboom, 2004. "Governance and competence: how can they be combined?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(4), pages 505-525, July.
- James H. Love & Stephen Roper, 2001. "articles: Outsourcing in the innovation process: Locational and strategic determinants," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 80(3), pages 317-336.
- Jonathan Michie & Maura Sheehan, 2003. "Labour market deregulation, 'flexibility' and innovation," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(1), pages 123-143, January.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer/Household Economics; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2016-05-14 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2016-05-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2016-05-14 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CSE-2016-05-14 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-INO-2016-05-14 (Innovation)
- NEP-TID-2016-05-14 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae15:212449. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .