Are in-house and outsourcing innovation strategies interlinked? Evidence from the European agri-food sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carlo Altomonte & Tommaso Aquilante & Gábor Békés & Gianmarco I.P. Ottaviano, 2013.
"Internationalization and innovation of firms: evidence and policy,"
Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 28(76), pages 663-700, October.
- Altomonte, Carlo & Aquilante, Tommaso & Békés, Gábor & Ottaviano, Gianmarco I. P., 2013. "Internationalization and innovation of firms: evidence and policy," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 54877, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Carlo Altomonte & Tommaso Aquilante & Gábor Békés & Gianmarco I. P. Ottaviano, 2014. "Internationalization and Innovation of Firms: Evidence and Policy," CEP Special Papers 032, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Carlo Altomonte & Tommaso Aquilante & Gábor Békés & Gianmarco I P Ottaviano, 2013. "Internationalization and innovation of firms: Evidence and policy," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/188800, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Altomonte, Carlo & Aquilante, Tommaso & Békés, Gábor & Ottaviano, Gianmarco I. P., 2014. "Internationalization and innovation of firms: evidence and policy," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 60275, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Holger Görg & Aoife Hanley & Eric Strobl, 2008.
"Productivity effects of international outsourcing: evidence from plant-level data,"
Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 41(2), pages 670-688, May.
- Görg, Holger & Hanley, Aoife & Strobl, Eric, 2007. "Productivity Effects of International Outsourcing: Evidence from Plant Level Data," CEPR Discussion Papers 6361, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Spyros Arvanitis & Euripidis N. Loukis, 2013. "Outsourcing and firm performance--a comparative study of Swiss and Greek firms," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(3), pages 771-806, June.
- Veugelers, Reinhilde & Cassiman, Bruno, 1999. "Make and buy in innovation strategies: evidence from Belgian manufacturing firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 63-80, January.
- Gooroochurn, Nishaal & Hanley, Aoife, 2007.
"A tale of two literatures: Transaction costs and property rights in innovation outsourcing,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1483-1495, December.
- Nishaal Gooroochurn & Aoife Hanley, 2006. "A Tale of Two Literatures: Transaction Cost and Property Rights in Innovation Outsourcing," Occasional Papers 17, Industrial Economics Division.
- Pascucci, Stefano & Royer, Annie & Bijman, Jos, 2012. "To Make or to Buy: Is this the Question?," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 15(3), pages 1-20, September.
- Hagedoorn, John & Wang, Ning, 2012. "Is there complementarity or substitutability between internal and external R&D strategies?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 1072-1083.
- Kenta Nakamura & Hiroyuki Odagiri, 2005. "R&D boundaries of the firm: An estimation of the double-hurdle model on commissioned R&D, joint R&D, and licensing in Japan," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(7), pages 583-615.
- Ángela Triguero & David Córcoles & María C. Cuerva, 2013. "Differences in Innovation Between Food and Manufacturing Firms: An Analysis of Persistence," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(3), pages 273-292, June.
- Cohen, Wesley M & Levinthal, Daniel A, 1989. "Innovation and Learning: The Two Faces of R&D," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 569-596, September.
- Bart Nooteboom, 2004. "Governance and competence: how can they be combined?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(4), pages 505-525, July.
- James H. Love & Stephen Roper, 2001. "articles: Outsourcing in the innovation process: Locational and strategic determinants," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 80(3), pages 317-336.
- Jonathan Michie & Maura Sheehan, 2003. "Labour market deregulation, 'flexibility' and innovation," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(1), pages 123-143, January.
- James H. Love & Stephen Roper, 2005. "Economists' perceptions versus managers' decisions: an experiment in transaction-cost analysis," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(1), pages 19-36, January.
- John Hauser & Gerard J. Tellis & Abbie Griffin, 2006. "Research on Innovation: A Review and Agenda for," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(6), pages 687-717, 11-12.
- Ruth Rama & Adelheid Holl, 2013. "Subcontracting relationships," Chapters, in: Anna Grandori (ed.),Handbook of Economic Organization, chapter 28, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Galende, Jesus & de la Fuente, Juan Manuel, 2003. "Internal factors determining a firm's innovative behaviour," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 715-736, May.
- Santamara, Llus & Nieto, Mara Jess & Barge-Gil, Andrs, 2009. "Beyond formal R&D: Taking advantage of other sources of innovation in low- and medium-technology industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 507-517, April.
- Arora, Ashish & Gambardella, Alfonso, 1990. "Complementarity and External Linkages: The Strategies of the Large Firms in Biotechnology," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(4), pages 361-379, June.
- Han, Sang Yun & Bae, Sung Joo, 2014. "Internalization of R&D outsourcing: An empirical study," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 58-73.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer/Household Economics; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2016-05-14 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-BEC-2016-05-14 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CSE-2016-05-14 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-INO-2016-05-14 (Innovation)
- NEP-TID-2016-05-14 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae15:212449. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.