Let it Rain: Weather Extremes and Household Welfare in Rural Kenya
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Wineman, A. & Ochieng, J. & Mason, N. & Kirimi, L., 2015. "Let it rain: Weather extremes and household welfare in rural Kenya," Food Security Collaborative Policy Briefs 230982, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Wineman, Ayala & Mason, Nicole M. & Ochieng, Justus & Kirimi, Lilian, 2016. "Let it Rain: Weather Extremes and Household Welfare in Rural Kenya," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 245109, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Melissa Dell & Benjamin F. Jones & Benjamin A. Olken, 2012. "Temperature Shocks and Economic Growth: Evidence from the Last Half Century," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 4(3), pages 66-95, July.
- Deon Filmer & Lant Pritchett, 2001. "Estimating Wealth Effects Without Expenditure Data—Or Tears: An Application To Educational Enrollments In States Of India," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 38(1), pages 115-132, February.
- Mark Davies & Christophe Béné & Alexander Arnall & Thomas Tanner & Andrew Newsham & Cristina Coirolo, 2013. "Promoting Resilient Livelihoods through Adaptive Social Protection: Lessons from 124 programmes in South Asia," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 31(1), pages 27-58, January.
- Christopher Barrett & Paswel Phiri Marenya & John Mcpeak & Bart Minten & Festus Murithi & Willis Oluoch-Kosura & Frank Place & Jean Claude Randrianarisoa & Jhon Rasambainarivo & Justine Wangila, 2006. "Welfare dynamics in rural Kenya and Madagascar," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 248-277.
- Ahmed, Syud Amer & Diffenbaugh, Noah S. & Hertel, Thomas W. & Ramankutty, Navin & Rios, Ana R. & Rowhani, Pedram, 2009.
"Climate Volatility and Poverty Vulnerability in Tanzania,"
2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
49358, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Ahmed , Syud Amer & Diffenbaugh, Noah S. & Hertel , Thomas W. & Lobell, David B. & Ramankutty, Navin & Rios, Ana R. & Rowhani, Pedram, 2009. "Climate volatility and poverty vulnerability in Tanzania," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5117, The World Bank.
- Luc J. Christiaensen & Kalanidhi Subbarao, 2005.
"Towards an Understanding of Household Vulnerability in Rural Kenya,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 14(4), pages 520-558, December.
- Christiaensen, Luc. J. & Subbarao, Kalanidhi, 2004. "Toward an understanding of household vulnerability in rural Kenya," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3326, The World Bank.
- repec:taf:jdevst:v:53:y:2017:i:8:p:1253-1271 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stefan Dercon & John Hoddinott & Tassew Woldehanna, 2005. "Shocks and Consumption in 15 Ethiopian Villages, 1999--2004," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 14(4), pages 559-585, December.
- Maximilian Auffhammer & Solomon M. Hsiang & Wolfram Schlenker & Adam Sobel, 2013.
"Using Weather Data and Climate Model Output in Economic Analyses of Climate Change,"
Review of Environmental Economics and Policy,
Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 7(2), pages 181-198, July.
- Maximilian Auffhammer & Solomon M. Hsiang & Wolfram Schlenker & Adam Sobel, 2013. "Using Weather Data and Climate Model Output in Economic Analyses of Climate Change," NBER Working Papers 19087, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Melissa Dell & Benjamin F. Jones & Benjamin A. Olken, 2014. "What Do We Learn from the Weather? The New Climate-Economy Literature," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 52(3), pages 740-798, September.
- Arouri, Mohamed & Nguyen, Cuong & Youssef, Adel Ben, 2015.
"Natural Disasters, Household Welfare, and Resilience: Evidence from Rural Vietnam,"
Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 59-77.
- Mohamed Arouri & Adel Ben Youssef & Cuong Nguyen, 2015. "Natural Disasters, Household Welfare and Resilience: Evidence from Rural Vietnam," GREDEG Working Papers 2015-03, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
- Mohamed Arouri & Adel Ben Youssef & Cuong Nguyen-Viet, 2015. "Natural Disasters, Household Welfare, and Resilience: Evidence from Rural Vietnam," Post-Print halshs-01109452, HAL.
- Roberto Guerrero Compean, 2013.
"Weather and Welfare: Health and Agricultural Impacts of Climate Extremes, Evidence from Mexico,"
Research Department Publications
IDB-WP-391, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Roberto Guerrero Compeán, 2013. "Weather and Welfare: Health and Agricultural Impacts of Climate Extremes, Evidence from Mexico," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 80690, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Javier E. Baez & Leonardo Lucchetti & Maria E. Genoni & Mateo Salazar, 2017. "Gone with the Storm: Rainfall Shocks and Household Wellbeing in Guatemala," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(8), pages 1253-1271, August.Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
- Baez, Javier E. & Lucchetti, Leonardo & Genoni, Maria E. & Salazar, Mateo, 2015. "Gone with the storm: rainfall shocks and household well-being in Guatemala," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7177, The World Bank.
- Baez, Javier E. & Lucchetti, Leonardo & Genoni, Maria Eugenia & Salazar, Mateo, 2015. "Gone with the Storm: Rainfall Shocks and Household Well-Being in Guatemala," IZA Discussion Papers 8792, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural and Food Policy; Food Security and Poverty; International Development; Production Economics;
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2016-05-21 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2016-05-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2016-05-21 (Development)
- NEP-ENV-2016-05-21 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:egtewp:233678. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/tiegeke.html .