Soil Matters: How the Federal Crop Insurance Program should be reformed to encourage low-risk farming methods with high-reward environmental outcomes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Barry K. Goodwin & Monte L. Vandeveer & John L. Deal, 2004. "An Empirical Analysis of Acreage Effects of Participation in the Federal Crop Insurance Program," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(4), pages 1058-1077.
- Miao, Ruiqing & Feng, Hongli & Hennessy, David A., 2011. "Land Use Consequences of Crop Insurance Subsidies," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103891, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Toliver, Dustin K. & Larson, James A. & English, Burton C. & Roberts, Roland K. & Torre Ugarte, Daniel de la & West, Tristram O., 2011. "Effects of No-Tillage Production Practices on Crop Yields as Influenced by Crop and Growing Environment Factors," 2011 Annual Meeting, February 5-8, 2011, Corpus Christi, Texas 98818, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Ramirez, Octavio A. & Carpio, Carlos E. & Rejesus, Roderick M., 2011.
"Can Crop Insurance Premiums Be Reliably Estimated?,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 40(1), April.
- Ramirez, Octavio A. & Carpio, Carlos E. & Rejesus, Roderick M., 2011. "Can Crop Insurance Premiums Be Reliably Estimated?," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(01), pages 81-94, April.
- Ramirez, Octavio A. & Carpio, Carlos E. & Rejesus, Roderick M., 2009. "Can Crop Insurance Premiums be Reliably Estimated?," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49465, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Osteen, Craig D. & Vasavada, Utpal, 2012. "Agricultural Resources and Environmental Indicators, 2012 Edition," Economic Information Bulletin 132048, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Ko, Jonghan & Piccinni, Giovanni, 2009. "Corn yield responses under crop evapotranspiration-based irrigation management," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 96(5), pages 799-808, May.
More about this item
Keywordscrop insurance; no-till; cover crop; Agricultural and Food Policy; Crop Production/Industries; Environmental Economics and Policy; Farm Management; Risk and Uncertainty;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2013-10-18 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2013-10-18 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2013-10-18 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaeaci:156789. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.