Water right seniority, economic efficiency and land allocation decisions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Douglas J. Miller & Andrew J. Plantinga, 1999. "Modeling Land Use Decisions with Aggregate Data," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(1), pages 180-194.
- Burness, H Stuart & Quirk, James P, 1980. "Water Law, Water Transfers, and Economic Efficiency: The Colorado River," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(1), pages 111-134, April.
- Steven Buck & Maximilian Auffhammer & David Sunding, 2014. "Land Markets and the Value of Water: Hedonic Analysis Using Repeat Sales of Farmland," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 96(4), pages 953-969.
- Monobina Mukherjee & Kurt Schwabe, 2015. "Irrigated Agricultural Adaptation to Water and Climate Variability: The Economic Value of a Water Portfolio," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 97(3), pages 809-832.
- Burness, H Stuart & Quirk, James P, 1979. "Appropriative Water Rights and the Efficient Allocation of Resources," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 25-37, March.
- Moore, Michael R. & Negri, Donald H., 1992. "A Multicrop Production Model Of Irrigated Agriculture, Applied To Water Allocation Policy Of The Bureau Of Reclamation," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 17(1), pages 1-15, July.
- Kala, Namrata & Kurukulasuriya, Pradeep & Mendelsohn, Robert, 2012. "The impact of climate change on agro-ecological zones: evidence from Africa," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(6), pages 663-687, December.
- Alain Carpentier & Elodie Letort, 2014. "Multicrop Production Models with Multinomial Logit Acreage Shares," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 59(4), pages 537-559, December.
- JunJie Wu & Kathleen Segerson, 1995. "The Impact of Policies and Land Characteristics on Potential Groundwater Pollution in Wisconsin," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 77(4), pages 1033-1047.
- Richard Hornbeck & Pinar Keskin, 2014. "The Historically Evolving Impact of the Ogallala Aquifer: Agricultural Adaptation to Groundwater and Drought," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 6(1), pages 190-219, January.
- Kelly M. Cobourn, 2015. "Externalities and Simultaneity in Surface Water-Groundwater Systems: Challenges for Water Rights Institutions," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 97(3), pages 786-808.
- repec:oup:ajagec:v:99:y:2017:i:1:p:73-102. is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael R. Moore & Noel R. Gollehon & Marc B. Carey, 1994. "Multicrop Production Decisions in Western Irrigated Agriculture: The Role of Water Price," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(4), pages 859-874.
- Jaeger, William K., 2004. "Conflicts over Water in the Upper Klamath Basin and the Potential Role for Market-Based Allocations," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 29(2), pages 1-18, August.
- Papke, Leslie E & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1996.
"Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(K) Plan Participation Rates,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 619-632, Nov.-Dec..
- Leslie E. Papke & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 1993. "Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(k) Plan Participation Rates," NBER Technical Working Papers 0147, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Miller, Douglas & Plantinga, Andrew J., 1999. "Modeling Land Use Decisions with Aggregate Data," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1487, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsLand Economics/Use; Resource/Energy Economics and Policy; Production Economics;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2018-09-24 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea17:258271. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.