Agricultural Productivity In Sub-Saharan Africa: Carbon Dioxide Emissions From Land-Use Change
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zofio, Jose L. & Prieto, Angel M., 2001. "Environmental efficiency and regulatory standards: the case of CO2 emissions from OECD industries," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 63-83, January.
- Lilyan Fulginiti & Richard Perrin, 2005. "Productivity and Welfare," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 133-155, October.
- Cuesta, Rafael A. & Lovell, C.A. Knox & Zofío, José L., 2009.
"Environmental efficiency measurement with translog distance functions: A parametric approach,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(8-9), pages 2232-2242, June.
- Cuesta, Rafael A. & Knox, C.A. & Zofío, José Luis, 2007. "Environmental Efficiency Measurement with Translog Distance Functions: A Parametric Approach," Working Papers in Economic Theory 2007/02, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- Atkinson, Scott E & Cornwell, Christopher & Honerkamp, Olaf, 2003. "Measuring and Decomposing Productivity Change: Stochastic Distance Function Estimation versus Data Envelopment Analysis," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(2), pages 284-294, April.
- Seiford, Lawrence M. & Zhu, Joe, 2002. "Modeling undesirable factors in efficiency evaluation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 16-20, October.
- Rafael Cuesta & José Zofío, 2005. "Hyperbolic Efficiency and Parametric Distance Functions: With Application to Spanish Savings Banks," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 31-48, September.
- Rezek, Jon P. & Rogers, Kevin, 2008. "Decomposing the CO2-income tradeoff: an output distance function approach," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(4), pages 457-473, August.
- Rezek, Jon P. & Campbell, Randall C., 2007. "Cost estimates for multiple pollutants: A maximum entropy approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 503-519, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ha, Hun Koo & Kaneko, Shinji & Yamamoto, Masashi & Yoshida, Yuichiro & Zhang, Anming, 2017. "On the discrepancy in the social efficiency measures between parametric and non-parametric production technology identification," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 9-14.
- Woo, Chungwon & Chung, Yanghon & Chun, Dongphil & Seo, Hangyeol & Hong, Sungjun, 2015. "The static and dynamic environmental efficiency of renewable energy: A Malmquist index analysis of OECD countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 367-376.
- Zhou, P. & Ang, B.W. & Han, J.Y., 2010. "Total factor carbon emission performance: A Malmquist index analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 194-201, January.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:5:p:453:d:69618 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhou, Peng & Poh, Kim Leng & Ang, Beng Wah, 2007. "A non-radial DEA approach to measuring environmental performance," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 178(1), pages 1-9, April.
- Gómez-Calvet, Roberto & Conesa, David & Gómez-Calvet, Ana Rosa & Tortosa-Ausina, Emili, 2014.
"Energy efficiency in the European Union: What can be learned from the joint application of directional distance functions and slacks-based measures?,"
Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 137-154.
- Roberto Gómez-Calvet & David Conesa & Ana Rosa Gómez-Calvet & Emili Tortosa-Ausina, 2013. "Energy efficiency in the European Union: What can be learned from the joint application of directional distance functions and slacks-based measures?," Working Papers 2013/17, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Jie Wu & Panpan Xia & Qingyuan Zhu & Junfei Chu, 2019. "Measuring environmental efficiency of thermoelectric power plants: a common equilibrium efficient frontier DEA approach with fixed-sum undesirable output," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 275(2), pages 731-749, April.
- George Halkos & George Papageorgiou, 2016.
"Spatial environmental efficiency indicators in regional waste generation: a nonparametric approach,"
Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 59(1), pages 62-78, January.
- Halkos, George & Papageorgiou, George, 2014. "Spatial environmental efficiency indicators in regional waste generation: A nonparametric approach," MPRA Paper 53400, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- George Halkos & George Papageorgiou, 2014. "Spatial environmental efficiency indicators in regional waste generation: A nonparametric approach," DEOS Working Papers 1401, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Ramli, Noor Asiah & Munisamy, Susila, 2015. "Eco-efficiency in greenhouse emissions among manufacturing industries: A range adjusted measure," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 219-227.
- Mamardashvili, Phatima & Emvalomatis, Grigorios & Jan, Pierrick, 2016. "Environmental Performance and Shadow Value of Polluting on Swiss Dairy Farms," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 41(2), May.
- Tsolas, Ioannis E., 2011. "Performance assessment of mining operations using nonparametric production analysis: A bootstrapping approach in DEA," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 159-167, June.
- Herrala, Risto & Goel, Rajeev K., 2012. "Global CO2 efficiency: Country-wise estimates using a stochastic cost frontier," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 762-770.
- Vaninsky, Alexander, 2010. "Prospective national and regional environmental performance: Boundary estimations using a combined data envelopment – stochastic frontier analysis approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 3657-3665.
- Yavuz Selman DUMAN & Adnan KASMAN, 2017. "The Role of International Trade and Urbanization on Environmental Technical Efficiency in EU Member and Candidate Countries," Ege Academic Review, Ege University Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, vol. 17(4), pages 481-491.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-479 is not listed on IDEAS
- Oggioni, G. & Riccardi, R. & Toninelli, R., 2011. "Eco-efficiency of the world cement industry: A data envelopment analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2842-2854, May.
- George Halkos & Nickolaos Tzeremes, 2013. "National culture and eco-efficiency: an application of conditional partial nonparametric frontiers," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 15(4), pages 423-441, October.
- Halkos, George E. & Tzeremes, Nickolaos G., 2013.
"A conditional directional distance function approach for measuring regional environmental efficiency: Evidence from UK regions,"
European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 227(1), pages 182-189.
- Halkos, George & Tzeremes, Nickolaos, 2012. "A conditional directional distance function approach for measuring regional environmental efficiency: Evidence from the UK regions," MPRA Paper 38147, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yang, Mian & Yang, Fu-Xia & Chen, Xing-Peng, 2011. "Effects of substituting energy with capital on China's aggregated energy and environmental efficiency," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 6065-6072, October.
- Zhang, Bin & Lu, Danting & He, Yan & Chiu, Yung-ho, 2018. "The efficiencies of resource-saving and environment: A case study based on Chinese cities," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 493-507.
- Fang Zhang & Hong Fang & Junjie Wu & Damian Ward, 2016. "Environmental Efficiency Analysis of Listed Cement Enterprises in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(5), pages 1-19, May.
- Mehdiloozad, Mahmood & Sahoo, Biresh K. & Roshdi, Israfil, 2014. "A generalized multiplicative directional distance function for efficiency measurement in DEA," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 232(3), pages 679-688.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural and Food Policy; Environmental Economics and Policy; Productivity Analysis;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2014-12-13 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-EFF-2014-12-13 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-ENV-2014-12-13 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea14:172350. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.