On the discrepancy in the social efficiency measures between parametric and non-parametric production technology identification
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Merkert, Rico & Assaf, A. George, 2015. "Using DEA models to jointly estimate service quality perception and profitability – Evidence from international airports," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 42-50.
- Pathomsiri, Somchai & Haghani, Ali & Dresner, Martin & Windle, Robert J., 2008. "Impact of undesirable outputs on the productivity of US airports," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 235-259, March.
- Luenberger, David G., 1992. "Benefit functions and duality," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 461-481.
- Chi-Hong (Patrick) Tsai & Corinne Mulley & Rico Merkert, 2015. "Measuring the Cost Efficiency of Urban Rail Systems An International Comparison Using DEA and Tobit Models," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 49(1), pages 17-34, January.
- Adler, Nicole & Volta, Nicola, 2016. "Accounting for externalities and disposability: A directional economic environmental distance function," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 250(1), pages 314-327.
- Gillen, David & Lall, Ashish, 1997. "Developing measures of airport productivity and performance: an application of data envelopment analysis," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 261-273, December.
- Cuesta, Rafael A. & Lovell, C.A. Knox & Zofío, José L., 2009.
"Environmental efficiency measurement with translog distance functions: A parametric approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 68(8-9), pages 2232-2242, June.
- Cuesta, Rafael A. & Knox, C.A. & Zofío, José Luis, 2007. "Environmental Efficiency Measurement with Translog Distance Functions: A Parametric Approach," Working Papers in Economic Theory 2007/02, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- Olesen, Ole B. & Ruggiero, John, 2014. "Maintaining the Regular Ultra Passum Law in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 235(3), pages 798-809.
- Yoshida, Yuichiro & Fujimoto, Hiroyoshi, 2004. "Japanese-airport benchmarking with the DEA and endogenous-weight TFP methods: testing the criticism of overinvestment in Japanese regional airports," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 533-546, November.
- Rico Merkert & James Pearson, 2015. "A Non-parametric Efficiency Measure Incorporating Perceived Airline Service Levels and Profitability," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 49(2), pages 261-275, April.
- Oum, Tae Hoon & Pathomsiri, Somchai & Yoshida, Yuichiro, 2013. "Limitations of DEA-based approach and alternative methods in the measurement and comparison of social efficiency across firms in different transport modes: An empirical study in Japan," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 16-26.
- Ha, Hun-Koo & Wan, Yulai & Yoshida, Yuichiro & Zhang, Anming, 2013. "Airline market structure and airport efficiency: Evidence from major Northeast Asian airports," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 32-42.
- Yoshida, Yuichiro, 2004. "Endogenous-weight TFP measurement: methodology and its application to Japanese-airport benchmarking," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 151-182, March.
- Tim Coelli & Sergio Perelman, 2000. "Technical efficiency of European railways: a distance function approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(15), pages 1967-1976.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna, 2004. "Modeling undesirable factors in efficiency evaluation: Comment," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 157(1), pages 242-245, August.
- Fare, Rolf, et al, 1989. "Multilateral Productivity Comparisons When Some Outputs Are Undesirable: A Nonparametric Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(1), pages 90-98, February.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Seiford, Lawrence M. & Zhu, Joe, 2002. "Modeling undesirable factors in efficiency evaluation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 16-20, October.
- Merkert, Rico & Hensher, David A., 2011. "The impact of strategic management and fleet planning on airline efficiency - A random effects Tobit model based on DEA efficiency scores," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 45(7), pages 686-695, August.
- Rafael Cuesta & José Zofío, 2005. "Hyperbolic Efficiency and Parametric Distance Functions: With Application to Spanish Savings Banks," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 31-48, September.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Shunsuke Managi & Yuichiro Yoshida, 2010. "Technical Efficiency, Regulation And Heterogeneity In Japanese Airports," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(5), pages 685-696, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:2:p:397-:d:130100 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsSocial efficiency; Data envelopment analysis; Directional distance function;
- R49 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Other
- R59 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Other
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jaitra:v:58:y:2017:i:c:p:9-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-air-transport-management/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.