Original and Derived Judgment An Entrepreneurial Theory of Economic Organization
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Witt, Ulrich, 1998. "Imagination and leadership - The neglected dimension of an evolutionary theory of the firm," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 161-177, April.
- Minkler, Alanson P., 1993. "Knowledge and internal organization," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 17-30, May.
- Holmstrom, Bengt, 1989. "Agency costs and innovation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 305-327, December.
- Moroney, John R, 1972. "The Current State of Money and Production Theory," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(2), pages 335-343, May.
- Israel M. Kirzner, 1997. "Entrepreneurial Discovery and the Competitive Market Process: An Austrian Approach," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 60-85, March.
- Aghion, Philippe & Tirole, Jean, 1997. "Formal and Real Authority in Organizations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(1), pages 1-29, February.
- Foss, Nicolai Juul, 1993. "Theories of the Firm: Contractual and Competence Perspectives," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 127-144, May.
- Jongwook Kim & Joseph T. Mahoney, 2005. "Property rights theory, transaction costs theory, and agency theory: an organizational economics approach to strategic management," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(4), pages 223-242.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Michael C. Jensen & William H. Heckling, 1995. "Specific And General Knowledge, And Organizational Structure," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 8(2), pages 4-18.
- Gifford, Sharon, 1992. "Allocation of entrepreneurial attention," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 265-284, December.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Separation of Ownership and Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 301-325, June.
- Saussier, Stephane, 2000. "Transaction costs and contractual incompleteness: the case of Electricite de France," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 189-206, June.
- Margit Osterloh & Bruno S. Frey, 2000.
"Motivation, Knowledge Transfer, and Organizational Forms,"
INFORMS, vol. 11(5), pages 538-550, October.
- Margit Osterloh & Bruno S. Frey, "undated". "Motivation, Knowledge Transfer, and Organizational Form," IEW - Working Papers 027, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Nicolai J. Foss & Peter G. Klein, 2004. "Entrepreneurshoip and the Economic Theory of the Firm Any Gains from Trade?," DRUID Working Papers 04-12, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Barzel, Yoram, 1987. "The Entrepreneur's Reward for Self-policing," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(1), pages 103-116, January.
- Crocker, Keith J & Masten, Scott E, 1991.
"Pretia ex Machina? Prices and Process in Long-Term Contracts,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(1), pages 69-99, April.
- Crocker, K.J. & Masten, S.E., 1988. "Pretia Ex Machina?: Prices And Process In Long-Term Contracts," Papers 10-88-2, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:30:y:1996:i:4:p:1212-1216 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bengt Holmstrom, 1979. "Moral Hazard and Observability," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 74-91, Spring.
- Langlois, Richard N & Cosgel, Metin M, 1993. "Frank Knight on Risk, Uncertainty, and the Firm: A New Interpretation," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 31(3), pages 456-465, July.
- Gifford, Sharon, 1999. "Limited Attention and the Optimal Incompleteness of Contracts," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(2), pages 468-486, July.
- Nicolai J. Foss, 2003. "Selective Intervention and Internal Hybrids: Interpreting and Learning from the Rise and Decline of the Oticon Spaghetti Organization," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(3), pages 331-349, June.
- Vickers,Douglas, 1987. "Money Capital in the Theory of the Firm," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521328418.
- Baumol, William J., 1996.
"Entrepreneurship: Productive, unproductive, and destructive,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 3-22, January.
- Baumol, William J, 1990. "Entrepreneurship: Productive, Unproductive, and Destructive," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 893-921, October.
- Andrade, Gregor & Stafford, Erik, 2004. "Investigating the economic role of mergers," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 1-36, January.
- Holmstrom, Bengt & Milgrom, Paul, 1991. "Multitask Principal-Agent Analyses: Incentive Contracts, Asset Ownership, and Job Design," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(0), pages 24-52, Special I.
- André Gabor & I. F. Pearce, 1958. "The Place of Money Capital in the Theory of Production," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 72(4), pages 537-557.
- Vickers, Douglas, 1970. "The Cost of Capital and the Structure of the Firm," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(1), pages 35-46, March.
- Wruck, Karen Hopper & Jensen, Michael C., 1994. "Science, specific knowledge, and total quality management," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 247-287, November.
- Andreé Gabor & I. F. Pearce, 1952. "A New Approach To The Theory Of The Firm," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(3), pages 252-265.
- Wernerfelt, Birger, 1997. "On the Nature and Scope of the Firm: An Adjustment-Cost Theory," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70(4), pages 489-514, October.
- Chandler, Gaylen N. & Jansen, Erik, 1992. "The founder's self-assessed competence and venture performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 223-236, May.
- Nicolai J. Foss, 2001. "Selective Intervention and Internal HybridsInterpreting and Learning from the Rise and Decline of the Oticon Spaghetti Organization," DRUID Working Papers 01-16, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Klein, Peter G, 1996. "Economic Calculation and the Limits of Organization," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 9(2), pages 3-28.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Baltar, Fabiola & de Coulon, Sonia, 2014. "Dynamics of the entrepreneurial process: the innovative entrepreneur and the strategic decisions," Nülan. Deposited Documents 1878, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Sociales, Centro de Documentación.
- Peter Lewin & Howard Baetjer, 2011. "The capital-based view of the firm," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 24(4), pages 335-354, December.
- Jürgen Wandel, 2011. "Business groups and competition in post-Soviet transition economies: The case of Russian “agroholdings”," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 24(4), pages 403-450, December.
- Foss, Nicolai J. & Klein, Peter G. & Kor, Yasemin Y. & Mahoney, Joseph T., 2006. "Entrepreneurship, Subjectivism, and the Resource-Based View: Towards a New Synthesis," Working Papers 06-0121, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Bijman, Jos & Doorneweert, Bart, 2008. "Entrepreneurship, Collective Entrepreneurship and the Producer-Owned Firm," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 43960, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kraaijenbrink, Jeroen & Spender, JC & Groen, Aard, 2009. "The resource-based view: A review and assessment of its critiques," MPRA Paper 21442, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsJudgment; entrepreneur; delegation; employment relation; ownership;
- B53 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Austrian
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BEC-2006-08-19 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CBE-2006-08-19 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-CSE-2006-08-19 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ENT-2006-08-19 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-HPE-2006-08-19 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-TID-2006-08-19 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aal:abbswp:06-09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keld Laursen). General contact details of provider: https://www.druid.dk/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.