Understanding the dynamic of the entrepreneurial process: the innovative entrepreneur and the strategic decisions
Literature regarding to the process of firm's start-ups has supported the idea that the entrepreneur fulfills a key role in the economic development, because of his strategic vision and as a result of his capacity to generate innovations, but also employment and economic growth. Nevertheless, recent empirical studies, have mainly tackled the process from the demand perspective, with focus on institutional, economical and context aspects that favours or hinders the development of the entrepreneurial capacities. In this sense, the entrepreneur's role, his skills, his decisions and actions have been less observed from the economical field and from the strategic decision area. Even though the debate about the importance of recognizing the subjectivity forecasting of the key drivers that impact and define the observed phenomenon is increasing. The aim of the article is to understand the innovative entrepreneur's role in the entrepreneurial process through the use of a biographic design method, so as to identify throughout his life the way he decides to initiate a firm, how he experiences the process and evaluates its performance. For that reason, it is proposed to analyze Enrique Eskenazi's entrepreneurial life, Grupo Petersen's President, one of the leading economic groups in the Argentinean business arena. His public recognition is associated to the YPF S.A's shares purchase in 2008 - the Leader oil company in the Argentinean market -, which has been recently nationalized.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Funes 3250 - (7600) Mar del Plata|
Phone: +54 (223) 474-9696
Web page: http://eco.mdp.edu.ar
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guido Buenstorf, 2007. "Creation and Pursuit of Entrepreneurial Opportunities: An Evolutionary Economics Perspective," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 323-337, April.
- Mark Casson & Nigel Wadeson, 2007. "The Discovery of Opportunities: Extending the Economic Theory of the Entrepreneur," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 285-300, April.
- Paul Reynolds & Niels Bosma & Erkko Autio & Steve Hunt & Natalie De Bono & Isabel Servais & Paloma Lopez-Garcia & Nancy Chin, 2005. "Global Entrepreneurship Monitor: Data Collection Design and Implementation 1998–2003," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 205-231, 02.
- Israel Kirzner, 1999. "Creativity and/or Alertness: A Reconsideration of the Schumpeterian Entrepreneur," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 11(1), pages 5-17, January.
- Kirzner, Israel M, 1999. "Creativity and/or Alertness: A Reconsideration of the Schumpeterian Entrepreneur," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 11(1-2), pages 5-17.
- Zoltan Acs, 2006. "How Is Entrepreneurship Good for Economic Growth?," Innovations: Technology, Governance, Globalization, MIT Press, vol. 1(1), pages 97-107, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nmp:nuland:1828. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Cristian Merlino S.)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.