Dynamics of the entrepreneurial process: the innovative entrepreneur and the strategic decisions
Literature regarding to the process of firm's start-ups has supported the idea that the entrepreneur fulfills a key role in the economic development, because of his strategic vision to make innovations. Recent empirical studies have mainly tackled the process from the demand perspective, with focus on institutional aspects that favors or hinders the development of the entrepreneurial capacities. However, the entrepreneur's role, his skills, decisions and actions have been less observed from the economical field and from the strategic decision area. Even though the debate about the importance of recognizing the subjectivity forecasting of the key drivers that impact and define the observed phenomenon is increasing. The aim of the article is to understand the innovative entrepreneur's role in the entrepreneurial process by using a biographical design method, to identify throughout his life the way he decides to start a firm, how he experiences the process and evaluates its performance. It is proposed to analyze Enrique Eskenazi's entrepreneurial life, Grupo Petersen's President, one of the leading economic groups in the Argentinean business arena. His public recognition is associated to the YPF S.A's shares purchase in 2008 - the Leader oil company in the Argentinean market -, which has been recently nationalized.
|Date of creation:||2014|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Review of Business & Finance Studies, 5(1), 2014, pp. 69-81|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Funes 3250 - (7600) Mar del Plata|
Phone: +54 (223) 474-9696
Web page: http://eco.mdp.edu.ar
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kirzner, Israel M, 1999. "Creativity and/or Alertness: A Reconsideration of the Schumpeterian Entrepreneur," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer, vol. 11(1-2), pages 5-17.
- Brian Loasby, 2005. "Entrepreneurship, Evolution and the Human Mind," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2005-13, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Paul Reynolds & Niels Bosma & Erkko Autio & Steve Hunt & Natalie De Bono & Isabel Servais & Paloma Lopez-Garcia & Nancy Chin, 2005. "Global Entrepreneurship Monitor: Data Collection Design and Implementation 1998–2003," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 205-231, 02.
- Thomas Grebel & Andreas Pyka & Horst Hanusch, 2001.
"An Evolutionary Approach to the Theory of Entrepreneurship,"
Discussion Paper Series
206, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
- Thomas Grebel & Andreas Pyka & Horst Hanusch, 2004. "An evolutionary approach to the theory of entrepreneurship," Chapters, in: Applied Evolutionary Economics and Complex Systems, chapter 7 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Thomas Grebel & Andreas Pyka & Horst Hanusch, 2003. "An Evolutionary Approach to the Theory of Entrepreneurship," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 493-514.
- Israel Kirzner, 1999. "Creativity and/or Alertness: A Reconsideration of the Schumpeterian Entrepreneur," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 5-17, January.
- Kirsten Foss & Nicolai J. Foss & Peter G. Klein, 2006. "Original and Derived Judgment An Entrepreneurial Theory of Economic Organization," DRUID Working Papers 06-09, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Mark Casson & Nigel Wadeson, 2007. "The Discovery of Opportunities: Extending the Economic Theory of the Entrepreneur," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 285-300, April.
- Guido Buenstorf, 2007. "Creation and Pursuit of Entrepreneurial Opportunities: An Evolutionary Economics Perspective," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 323-337, April.
- David Audretsch, 2004. "Sustaining Innovation and Growth: Public Policy Support for Entrepreneurship," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 167-191.
- Zoltan Acs, 2006. "How Is Entrepreneurship Good for Economic Growth?," Innovations: Technology, Governance, Globalization, MIT Press, vol. 1(1), pages 97-107, March.
- Danny Miller, 1983. "The Correlates of Entrepreneurship in Three Types of Firms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(7), pages 770-791, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nmp:nuland:1878. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Cristian Merlino S.)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.