Network structure of Japanese firms. Scale-free, hierarchy, and degree correlation: analysis from 800,000 firms
We analyze fundamental characteristics of the inter-firm transaction network through the data of 800,000 Japanese firms. We find that there exists a hierarchical structure and a negative degree correlation in this transaction network. We also find that this undirected network is a scale-free network. We bring to light these characteristics of the network and discuss why there is an important need to conduct research work on the actual network structure.
Volume (Year): 3 (2009)
Issue (Month): ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 8814528
Web page: http://www.economics-ejournal.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- SAITO (UMENO) Yukiko & WATANABE Tsutomu & IWAMURA Mitsuru, 2007.
"Do Larger Firms Have More Interfirm Relationships?,"
07028, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Saito, Yukiko Umeno & Watanabe, Tsutomu & Iwamura, Mitsuru, 2007. "Do larger firms have more interfirm relationships?," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 383(1), pages 158-163.
- Garlaschelli, Diego & Battiston, Stefano & Castri, Maurizio & Servedio, Vito D.P. & Caldarelli, Guido, 2005.
"The scale-free topology of market investments,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 350(2), pages 491-499.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521831062 is not listed on IDEAS
- D. S. Callaway & J. E. Hopcroft & J. M. Kleinberg & M. E. J. Newman & S. H. Strogatz, 2001. "Are Randomly Grown Graphs Really Random?," Working Papers 01-05-025, Santa Fe Institute.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521857406 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifweej:200931. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.