Asymmetric price response behavior of Red Delicious apples
A three-step econometric modeling process incorporating lag lengths, causality, and asymmetric relationships was employed to evaluate the Red Delicious apple market. Results suggest that price responses in the Western, North Central, and Northeastern regions are asymmetric, do not occur immediately, and are not centered at the wholesale market level. Shipping point prices are symmetric in response to changes in wholesale and retail market prices. However, wholesale prices in each region react asymmetrically to changes in the shipping point price and|or the region's retail price. North Central consumers see retail prices change more in response to increases in shipping point prices than decreases. © 1997 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 13 (1997)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bailey, DeeVon & Brorsen, B. Wade, 1989. "Price Asymmetry In Spatial Fed Cattle Markets," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 14(02), December.
- Daniel H. Pick & Jeffrey Karrenbrock & Hoy F. Carman, 1990. "Price asymmetry and marketing margin behavior: An example for California-Arizona citrus," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(1), pages 75-84.
- Bernard, John C. & Willett, Lois Schertz, 1996. "Asymmetric Price Relationships In The U.S. Broiler Industry," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 28(02), December.
- Bernard, John C. & Willett, Lois Schertz, 1996. "Asymmetric Price Relationships in the U.S. Broiler Industry," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(02), pages 279-289, December.