Incorporating the Rentier Sectors into a Financial Model
Current macroeconomics ignores the roles that rent, debt and the financial sector play in shaping our economy. We discuss the Classical view on rents and policy responses to the rentier sector in the 19th century. The finance, insurance & real estate sector is today's incarnation of the rentier sector. This paper shows how financial flows can be conceptually and statistically studied separately from (but interacting with) the real sector. We discuss finance's interaction with government and with the international economy.
Volume (Year): 2012 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.worldeconomicsassociation.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tovar, Camilo Ernesto, 2009.
"DSGE Models and Central Banks,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 3, pages 1-31.
- Gennaro Zezza, 2009.
"Fiscal Policy and the Economics of Financial Balances,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_569, Levy Economics Institute.
- Gennaro Zezza, 2009. "Fiscal policy and the economics of financial balances," European Journal of Economics and Economic Policies: Intervention, Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 6(2), pages 289-310.
- Steve Keen, 2009. "Household Debt: The Final Stage in an Artificially Extended Ponzi Bubble," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 42(3), pages 347-357.
- Engelbert Stockhammer, 2004.
"Financialisation and the slowdown of accumulation,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 28(5), pages 719-741, September.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 2009. "International Finance and Growth in Developing Countries: What Have We Learned?," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 56(1), pages 63-111, April.
- Das Dilip K., 2006. "Globalization in the World of Finance: An Analytical History," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-25, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wea:worler:v:2012:y:2012:i:1:p:1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jake McMurchie)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.